Chinese Virus - How serious?

jjb54

Understand I am a "High Risk" human in regards to the Chinese Virus.

.. I have cancer 2 different areas of my body.

.. I have lung / resp. issues since I was 20.

.. I am 65+ years odd.

BUT I REFUSE TO LIVE IN FEAR .... especially when I start seeing, for lack of better wording: . o O ( Oops )

But I had to ponder the serious LOGIC of this ... how much is "FACT" -vs- "POLITICAL HYPE"?

CDC - is found to have inflated Chinese Virus data:

... Just Google it.

Florida Dept. Health - Fudged it's Chinese Virus Data.

... Just Google it.

and many other states also do the same.

We actually do NOT know the real stats ... they've messed it up big time!

But this post - permission to copy / paste kind of spells it out and well .. WHY is 1 okay and not alarming or concerning ... but Another is?

I would love a good solid - rational and logical answer ... ( Good Luck ... )

C1WSdKRNgv.png

So?

What death rate is it even trying to claim is 1/3 of 1% here? It's very simple to find the worldwide figures, which have total cases at 15m and total deaths at 617k which gives a death rate of 4.13%. If that's not the death rate this is talking about, what is?

I think the entire argument falls flat at the very start because it tries to argue for "I'll do what I want to do because of lies/misinformation/lack of clarity" when it ironically does the exact same thing. I'd find it funny if it wasn't for the fact there are a heck of a lot of people making excuses for not wearing masks that actually hinge on these sorts of fallacies.

This isn't even a debate. Covid-19 is a serious world wide pandemic that is going on. We shouldn't even be making this political. It's not a matter of living in fear, it's a matter of being smart, you are at risk, you should be wearing a mask and keeping yourself safe. Even more importantly, you should be wearing a mask to make sure other people are safe from you potentially spreading it. The death rate is still very high for a disease, it's already 10x more deadly than the flu, and that death rate is probably higher because it only accounts for positive tests, it doesn't account for people who caught the disease, died, but didn't get tested. Instead of looking at political sights or people who have a political bias or agenda. Look at the actual doctors/researchers/medical practitioners and listen to what they have to say.

The picture you linked too is a very dangerous opinion to have right now, and shouldn't be getting spread around. Worst yet, it has a political agenda behind it. The main reason the Trump rally is being singled out in comparison to protests and marches (which are still being told aren't recommended) is because the rallies are filled with people who hold the opinion of not wearing masks or taking the virus seriously. Which is a hotbed for spreading the disease around. This seems to be a person just trying to justify why they don't want to wear a mask, rather than providing any solid evidence to the contrary.

This isn't even a debate. Covid-19 is a serious world wide pandemic that is going on. We shouldn't even be making this political. It's not a matter of living in fear, it's a matter of being smart, you are at risk, you should be wearing a mask and keeping yourself safe. Even more importantly, you should be wearing a mask to make sure other people are safe from you potentially spreading it. The death rate is still very high for a disease, it's already 10x more deadly than the flu, and that death rate is probably higher because it only accounts for positive tests, it doesn't account for people who caught the disease, died, but didn't get tested. Instead of looking at political sights or people who have a political bias or agenda. Look at the actual doctors/researchers/medical practitioners and listen to what they have to say.

The picture you linked too is a very dangerous opinion to have right now, and shouldn't be getting spread around. Worst yet, it has a political agenda behind it. The main reason the Trump rally is being singled out in comparison to protests and marches (which are still being told aren't recommended) is because the rallies are filled with people who hold the opinion of not wearing masks or taking the virus seriously. Which is a hotbed for spreading the disease around. This seems to be a person just trying to justify why they don't want to wear a mask, rather than providing any solid evidence to the contrary.

* So violent acts of Protest is treated "okay" .... < FACT.
... So if it's so "serious" why haven't these State Gov. / Mayors Cracked down?
... Instead they ENCOURAGE IT!
* Coffee Shops of 10 +/- is indeed a THREAT! ... < FACT.
... Gov - Mayors demand that they business stay closed!
... Some being the very states / cities that ENCOURAGE - SUPPORT the violent protests.
So explain the rationale of these to serious OOPS. ?? ( IF YOU CAN??? )
Even World Health Org. no longer calls it a " PANDEMIC ". < - FACT.
and I quote:

GENEVA — The World Health Organization no longer uses the classification pandemic, but the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak remains an international emergency that is likely to spread further, a spokesman said on Monday.
... Just Google the above to see / read for yourself. So it's NO LONGER A PANDEMIC!
and I quote:
JULY 14th - 2020

COVID-19 is close to losing its epidemic status in the U.S., according to the CDC
Again, just Google ...
Plus you have to add to it that FACT that even the CDC has admitted that their data is, um, well .. " inflated ". . o O ( Oops )
...> Again, not hard to Google. CDC INFLATES CORONAL VIRUS DATA
Here is just 1 link for you:
So tell me again?
We do NOT really know what the numbers are?

Okay. I'll bite, because most of what you said is wrong. Let's start with the whole classifying as a pandemic issue.

It seems to me like you are the one who needs to refine your google skills. On March 11th, a month after the WHO initially said it wasn't a pandemic, the situation changed and it became classified as one. In fact all you need to do is go to their website:

So you were 100% wrong on that account.

As for the protests. While it is encouraged to practice social distancing and wear masks, research has shown that protesters aren't the one's spreading the disease, and that cities with protests actually practice more stringent distancing laws. Also again like I said, protesters are generally wearing masks, gloves and are younger people who are less susceptible to the disease, but practice social distancing at home to not spread it. https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/07/01/research-determines-protests-did-not-cause-spike-in-coronavirus-cases/#2c2d18c57dac Read that and then read the articles/research he sites.

All the experts believe that the deaths are actually higher than reported due to how terrible America's response was to the Epidemic in the first place.

Honestly man, it seems to me that you have done no research into this...at all.

Hey Shadow - I did notice you totally avoided:

CDC Inflated Numbers. Florida did the same and so on ... but let's ignore that for now.

Also - I read the Forbes Link ... You realize that that article alone shows just how SERIOUS it's not, right?

First - all you have to do is look at the MANY MEDIA FILES / VIDEOS and see that Social Distancing was anything but practiced. Oh, ya, here and there in a very LIMITED time / place.

So ... since you used FORBES to " prove you point " ... you also realize that it more than proves my point?

For those 100's of 1,000's of people and NO real INCREASE .... than ... how is it that " social distancing " in a Coffee Shop - Eatery - Church - Playground would NOT be just as safe?

It cannot work " both ways " ... safe for " protesting " ... but practice the same rules - NOT SAFE FOR ... businesses - churches - playgrounds and such ... ???

. o O ( Just asking .. based on your link to FORBES ... )

Alright jjb54. I was busy reading the article you provided and looking at their sources.

Let's actually look at what the CDC did and what experts were concerned about: https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/05/21/860480756/scientists-warn-cdc-testing-data-could-create-misleading-picture-of-pandemic (this was linked as a source in your article btw)

Jennifer Nuzzo, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, expressed concern that adding the two types of tests together could leave the impression that more testing of active cases had been conducted than was actually the case.

So basically one of the two concerns was that by combining tests. The CDC would give the impression that America was conducting more tests than they actually were. Which would be bad, because we weren't (and still aren't) performing the amount of tests that we need to get a more complete idea of the pandemic.

Secondly:

In addition, combining antibody testing with diagnostic testing could reduce the number of tests that appear to be producing positive results, lowering the overall "positivity rate." That's another important benchmark. The World Health Organization has recommended a positivity rate of 10% or less as a signal of whether enough testing is taking place.

"I suspect it will artificially lower the percent positive," wrote Caitlin Rivers, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, in another email to NPR about the CDC testing data.

Basically the last concern was that these tests would actually make the virus look like it wasn't as effective as it actually was. Because the positivity rate: the daily percentage of people testing positive for [enter disease here] in relation to the total number of people tested that day. Would be negatively affected by a test that doesn't provide immediate results. In fact the whole thing you are arguing actually supports your original claim that the virus isn't affective :laugh: So the 'inflated' numbers are actually less than what is actually happening and the articles just kinda show that virus is actually worst than it is. You just got your results from someone who's agenda was to smear the CDC and not report on the actual facts of the situation.

As for the governor thing. What does that have to do with anything. A politician was being a corrupt idiot who cared more about his bottom line than people's lives.

So in short....do more proper research. The people you are getting your information from are purposefully misleading you.

EDIT: I was wrong about the governor. Dark0ne read the article, I skimmed it. Re-reading it, he is totally right. I broke my own rule, and didn't fully read an article, and for that I apologize.

Edited by Shadowheart328

Here let me show just how " biased " this can be ....

Governor Newsom excludes his winery from the shutdown order.

This too is easily verified .. so IF it's so " serious " ... why did the Gov. of CA > EXEMPT < his business ... but not all others?

See?

The reason the company he has shares in hasn't shut is explained in the "closed" link on the article. Let me quote it for you:

Madera Co. wineries were exempt from the July 1, 2020 order from the Governor, because Madera County is not one of the counties included on the list of 19...Gov. Newsom's winery and tasting room in Napa Valley remained open as of the July 1, 2020 order.

So, to make it simple for you; the California governor forced certain businesses in 19 counties in California to close due to increased cases of Covid in those counties. The business he owns share in is in Napa, and Napa was not one of those places with increased Covid cases, ergo, it did not need to shut.

It's honestly not rocket science, I don't even live in the US and I understand it, but you're not reading very well/reading stupid articles from people with clearly bad agendas and trying to find conspiracies everywhere to back up your badly informed ideas.