The Secrets to Un-Bloating Windows 10 64

Then about a month or two before the exiting version is nearing 'end of life support' I will update.

This is exactly how I do it on Mac since 1998 and want to do on my new PC here.

I still do the regular security and stability updates often though.

Ahh, ok.

Running a metered connection will not impact active applications, just limit background usages. I don't use it anymore but it can definitely be a way to further control the updates if that is a concern for you.

Ok, so what is the walk through to accomplish this properly ? (if you don't mind)

There is a script out there in the world that will do most of it. It's called "Reclaim Windows 10."

So I looked into this and became 100% completely lost. lol Like is there a walkthrough on how to install this and where is the most trust one ?

Ideally looking for one with a simple instal button.. geeez ! lol This is totally confusing to me

Any elaborated detailed help here is much appreciated

Have a look here for the latest version of the script.

Awesome HeyYou. Thanks ! Much appreciated.

Carefully looking over that. Man, I have to admit I don't even know where I would start. Like, how does this instal ? Its possible this is too advanced for me. I spent literally 15 minutes on that page and I still don't even know how to download it ! lol

The whole page looks like code. No instructions on instal ? Curious if this is just out of my ballpark. I'm a simple man.

• 2 weeks later...

it is possible to get rid of unwanted updating and self bloating win10, but it is a long way and it took me many tries until i was able to discover all the backdoors of the "self repairing" win 10 features acting like trojans. this kind of unbloating my win 10 is not for beginners and it includes replacing some core componets of of win 10 combined with a consequent (re)configuration of the built in firewall and registry manipulation.

you should better know all about the essential win 10 processes and services, the registry and how to disable non essential processes and services. the problem with win 10 is the self repairing capability of win 10 and the win 10 defender structure supporting this as a protection feature. you have to disable all this stuff if you don't want to reapeat this unbloat procedure after each self repair. some processes like the explorer.exe seem also have a built in self repair capability. all these processes act like (ms)trojans even being a part of the official system. so you have to replace such processes combined with a proper configured firewall if you don't like unwanted self repair surprises.

so if you don't know much about win 10, its processes and the firewall and you think you need av software to sleep well, i would not recommend you the nerdy unbloating procedure.

the script mentioned by heyyou supports this procedure but it also includes the warning that you should understand what you do if you run it.

be aware of any self installing debloating software. you do not need any software and if you use debloating scripts you should at least understand what they do.

Thanks xrayy for that valuable info. You know you have a great point, and I think its wisest I just let "good enough be". So I'm a leave it as is. I did do a lot that I could. And it is running fine.

The invasive qualities of Windows 10 do make me angry though ! lol

Thanks again everyone !

Thanks xrayy for that valuable info. You know you have a great point, and I think its wisest I just let "good enough be". So I'm a leave it as is. I did do a lot that I could. And it is running fine.

The invasive qualities of Windows 10 do make me angry though ! lol

Thanks again everyone !

Windows 10 is spyware masquerading as an operating system. :) It serves a secondary purpose as adware, if you leave all the MS bloatware intact. (advertisements in the start menu? Seriously??)

I REALLY don't care for MS just shoving their stupid games onto me either. Candy crush? C'mon MS, if I want your software, I will go looking for it, do NOT force it on me.

Windows 10 is spyware masquerading as an operating system.

Haha ! Exactly. Seriously, its a OS 2nd now.

Perhaps the operating system aspect of the "package" is just an unavoidable consequence of their desire to own your PC and use it as a revenue stream.