In-Maelstrom Visibility

Shibimon

Hi, i noticed pawns and things not being damaged by it see and act just fine being under high/maelstrom tornado (loot things/combat) while the player has almost exactly the same effect as being blind and it's not fair.
I don't know how to mod but think it could be somewhat easy to swap the texture into something more transparent and/or turn off blindness effect inside maelstrom in both forms as i want to be able to dodge open chests and grab loot seeing what im doing and not go stumbling upon things.
While it would be nice to have an option to balance it making everyone blind inside it, i think it's something more difficult to do than get visibility.
When i was looking arround if this mod already existed i found a lot of players just don't get pawns with this spell for this same reason and it's a shame.
Sorry for my english.

I just discovered this, thanks to in-game share screens tool (time pauses, camera can be rotated) this "thing" marked in red in all three pictures is the culprit of obscuring vision.
All three pictures are from the same still scene from different angles.
The first shows well the form this veil has, camera was originally from behind the character when i used the share tool.

uLJ6XNP.jpg

This second image is taken from the exact opossite direction fom the original point of view and also shows how it obscures the character even being behind it.

9PlJX03.jpg

And this last picture shows the dark veil a bit from the side, close to the position where it would be blinding players vision.

3yaDIt0.jpg

As i hope you all can clearly see, this dark garbage it's the thing i (and a lot of people might) want killed by any means.
The original textures and effects from the rest of the maelstrom are just fine as they are.

Edited by Shibimon

• 1 month later...

Thanks to some anon i found out in 4ch i finally fixed this (quotation are for marking, you shouldn't use them anywhere while attempting to do this).

1- download arctool and the .bat files.

2- edit the "pc-dd.bat" with notepad++ and ad the "-xfs" somewhere with proper spacing and make it sure you save the changes.

3- copy for safekeeping into another place and then unpack "stk.arc" and "wan.arc" (both in DDDA\nativePC\rom\wp\w1).
4- to unpack, drag and drop them into the edited "pc-dd.bat" (didnt work for me the first time so i copied arctool.exe into the wp1 folder, not sure if is the best solution but it worked) This will create two folders named "stk" and "wan" inside "wp1".

5- in both folders enter to the "param" subfolder and edit the file "shl_param_07.shl.xml" in notepad++ and search for "camEfctInDist" and "camEfctOutDist".

6- there is 2 instances of "camEfctInDist" and "camEfctOutDist" in each file, one for normal maelstrom and another one for the high version, reduce all those values to 1.0000000 or whatever, and again, make sure you save the changes.

7- drag and drop the folders "stk" and "wan" into the "pc-dd.bat" to repack them.

This should remove the dark blinding thing completely when diving in maelstroms yours or from others.

I hope someone will find this information helpful.