A Thank You to all the people who have helped me on this forum.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good looking video. Liked the humour running through it too. You had me with that bit at the start with the "Boring?" caption!

There's some excellent stuff in there. It seems a shame that it can't somehow get tied up with a story and published.

There's a LOT more stuff in it. Problem is no matter what I've tried I can't get voice files into CK. I've done it in the past with Oldrim but can't do it with CK now. What I did in the past was 'mash-up' existing voice files and add them as new but won't let me anymore. Maybe somebody could add the voices for me in the future or point me to a tutorial that shows how to do it NOT using Oldrim and old CK. The story is there, it just needs putting together.

Edited by antstubell

SSE CK is completely broken, and bethesda never intended to create a SSE CK, they just converted 32 bit to 64 bit, anyone with some basic knowledge on pc systems can immediately see the issue here.

If you want to create a stable free of bugs mod then you will use 32 bit CK, and then converted it to SSE.

Skyrim was never really 'Remaster', it was all done just for money !, nothing really change or was added to the game !.

SSE CK is completely broken, and bethesda never intended to create a SSE CK, they just converted 32 bit to 64 bit, anyone with some basic knowledge on pc systems can immediately see the issue here.
If you want to create a stable free of bugs mod then you will use 32 bit CK, and then converted it to SSE.
Skyrim was never really 'Remaster', it was all done just for money !, nothing really change or was added to the game !.

I have seen this posted quite a bit and it has me concerned.

I got into modding late and have yet to actually release anything as this house mod I am building has just grown and grown ... and grown, and life and all that. But I am using the 64bit CK and can confirm it is a total pain in the ****. But when it comes to packaging up and releasing something will it really be a stability issue?

I wish I had started on the 32bit CK, as you suggest, but alas I was not given that option (or was naively unaware). Would I be able to transfer my current mod over to it easily enough, or should I just plough on with the 64bit and then try and get my hands on the 32bit CK if possible for any subsequent mods I may do?

Lovely work btw antstubell :smile:

Edited by TyburnKetch

There's a LOT more stuff in it. Problem is no matter what I've tried I can't get voice files into CK. I've done it in the past with Oldrim but can't do it with CK now. What I did in the past was 'mash-up' existing voice files and add them as new but won't let me anymore. Maybe somebody could add the voices for me in the future or point me to a tutorial that shows how to do it NOT using Oldrim and old CK. The story is there, it just needs putting together.

I can get voice files in and that may well help us to get this going!

I honestly watched the entire video, albeit skipping a few seconds at a time... but, hey, it is a bit long!

As I was watching it a story formed in my mind. I have published books on Kindle, so i have that kind of mentality. Anyway, the thought that immediately sprang to mind was tying it up with dialogue and books (There's the author bit again!) I had other ideas, but I'll relate them later, if you're interested.

I honestly think we can do this, and I'm not the most optimistic person on the planet! I feel obliged, in modern terms, to insert a smiley at this point. :ohdear:. Job done. Nasty things :devil: . Why don't we sort the voice files bit and go from there? I'm more than willing to help in any way that I can.

In my Toob video I posted what the original story was and how it developed. It hasn't really changed. Basically it is "Where am I, how did I get here" and "how do I get back." Player adventure through the world amd discovers that they are not the only ones that have 'ended up here'. Player discovers 'others' attempts to get home - wherever that may be - and also realises that some people have given up trying to get back and have accepted that they are stuck here and get on with a life, they are called The Residents. There are some notes and journals scattered around the world hinting at what has happened, what is happening and what the player can do. There are side quests, some associated with the main quest others to gain objects of knowledge relating to the main quest. Any help I can get on getting voice files into the mod would be gratefully appreciated.

I'll make a video showing notes and journals and key locations that lay out the story - gimme a day or two. I'll post here when it is done. I'm open to any ideas and would love to hear another person's 'take' on what they have seen and also how a different story line might fit into what I've done.

Do you use 'Creation kit fixes for SSE'?

If your issue concerns not being able to process lip files, that cures it. It used to work in the 32 bit version but something Bethesda did with the CK64 kit broke lip file generation.