A Thank You to all the people who have helped me on this forum.

I don't know about copying over files but it fixed it for me. You may need FonixData.cdf, too. If you don't have it, I can attach it somewhere in this thread. there's a readme comes with it that explains what you need and where to put it.

it is possible to get dialogue in without SSE Creation Kit Fixes, but it's a real pain in the proverbial. You basically have to make all the dialogue in CK32 and generate the lip files, Refuz them and then repeat making the same dialogue in CK64 and use the filenames for the voice files here to rename what you made in CK32.

Much better to fix it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SSE CK is completely broken, and bethesda never intended to create a SSE CK, they just converted 32 bit to 64 bit, anyone with some basic knowledge on pc systems can immediately see the issue here.
If you want to create a stable free of bugs mod then you will use 32 bit CK, and then converted it to SSE.
Skyrim was never really 'Remaster', it was all done just for money !, nothing really change or was added to the game !.

I have seen this posted quite a bit and it has me concerned.

I got into modding late and have yet to actually release anything as this house mod I am building has just grown and grown ... and grown, and life and all that. But I am using the 64bit CK and can confirm it is a total pain in the ****. But when it comes to packaging up and releasing something will it really be a stability issue?

I wish I had started on the 32bit CK, as you suggest, but alas I was not given that option (or was naively unaware). Would I be able to transfer my current mod over to it easily enough, or should I just plough on with the 64bit and then try and get my hands on the 32bit CK if possible for any subsequent mods I may do?

Lovely work btw antstubell :smile:

If you are doing simple things like a player's home without complicated scripted functions or complex custom made animated meshes and others things like it, then you are just fine with 64 bit CK.
But if you intend on doing a very complex and heavy mod, then you definitely need / have to built it in 32 bit CK, otherwise you will encounter issues like the one antstubell is facing here, and this is just a simple issue.
There some things that just CAN NOT BE DONE / CREATED in CK 64.
I will not go into details about this because people get easily offended if you write something negative or the truth about SSE.
* If you ever find yourself in a position to be able to create a complex heavy mod, don't hesitate to send me a personal message, i will gladly answer your question.
Have a pleasant day.

I used CK64 for my mod. It's published and neither I nor the 500-odd players are having stability issues, or even reporting anyhting other than minor frame-rate drops (probably in some of the epic cave areas). Most just play it and notice nothing. Is it 'Heavily Scripted'? I wouldn't know what that means.

Antstubell, I use scripts for dwemer moving platforms and lifts in the mod. I have around 100 scripts, several quests, close to 20 cells... I'm not seeing any problems (other than ones I cause when I get something wrong!)

I'd not worry about it. If it's playing fine when you test it, it'll play fine for anyone downloading it, as long as all the textures, meshes, scripts etc are correctly bundled into the BSA.

SSE CK is completely broken, and bethesda never intended to create a SSE CK, they just converted 32 bit to 64 bit, anyone with some basic knowledge on pc systems can immediately see the issue here.
If you want to create a stable free of bugs mod then you will use 32 bit CK, and then converted it to SSE.
Skyrim was never really 'Remaster', it was all done just for money !, nothing really change or was added to the game !.

It's not completely broken, but you're right about straight conversion. They just took the Fallout 4 CK framework and hacked it into the 32-bit CK, without all the fixes that their CK received(GetItemCount is still broken for Skyrim SE CK).

As for Skyrim not being remastered, I have to disagree. There was a few things added to it (god rays)and for some odd reason the amount of gold found was increased o_O don't know what's up with that. On the scripting side, I don't get it - the creator added functions but he didn't fix existing ones lol. These functions though could've easily been added to Skyrim 32bit.

While the advantages 32bit has over 64bit CK aren't many, perhaps the biggest one is the fast load up time.

I am pretty sure I got SSE Creation Kit fixes but maybe not as it still takes (no exaggeration) about 5 mins to boot up for me ...

Anyway ... sorry to hijack your thread antstubell.

I had an afternoon very recently trying to get voice working on CK64 and managed it in the end. Facefxwrapper is the file that did it for me. It is the second file to download from the SSE creation kit fixes page. It was really fiddly with folders and files from memory but with a bit of faffing around it works.

Edited by TyburnKetch

I will have to boot up the CK which will not be until at least tomorrow but if you can record your voice and generate lip files in the CK then you are most of the way there. To get recorded voice into the game (not recorded in CK) you just name your file whatever the name of the recorded in CK file was called. You HAVE to record something in the CK to generate all the files needed. Then use whatever audio software you have to record the line again (properly) trying to match the pace as best you can so to match your already generated lip file from the recording you made from in the CK.

If you already have your voice files you will have to work backwards and try and match your voice files with fresh recordings inside the dialogue options in your quest.

Let me know what stage you are at and I will see if I can help more.