A Thank You to all the people who have helped me on this forum.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.

If it's that big, I don't know if Discord will let you do it. 2.1 GB for the esp alone? My mod stands at 2.35 MB and that's pretty big, Project AHO (dwarfsphere) stands at 5.6 MB. how the heck do you get an esp to 2.1 GB?

In all honesty if your esp is that big, I don't want to touch it. There's something massively wrong.

Are you really talking about the esp, or the texture, meshes, sound, voice files all put together?

Even so, Dwarfsphere is pretty massive and it's largest BSA is only 450 MB. Total 600 MB or so. If your file is more than 2GB, you've got real problems.

Ah. I get you. In the other post you said that the esp was 2.1 GB. I'm pretty sure Discord won't allow a zip file that big. To test to see if I can get the voice files to work, I wouldn't need all that, though. Just the esp and a few wav files for the character. I don't even need to game test, just see if I can get the lip file created. I'll just be opening the quest form so CK won't throw a wobbler because it can't load any meshes.

The only point to this is to see if I can get it to work using your wav files. If I can, I'm stumped.

You can add me as a friend on Discord #1333, or if there's a file share site that I wouldn't need to join to download the esp and wav files, I don't mind that. I don't really want to have to sign up to any new site, though. I'll probably never use it again!

Negative on the giving up bit.

If you can get the esp and wav files to me on Discord or by any other means I'll see if I can get them to work.

I'm still working feverishly on my expansion and haven't been on the site for a couple of days, is all. I've got weird things going on with my own esp at the moment... doh!

I can't offer reliable service as a co-author, for at least a couple of weeks. Maybe once I've got the expansion uploaded and sorted out any player issues. I did have it mind to make a second and final expansion to the mod, but we'll see. I may want to take a break for a time. Working on something completely different could be good!

I really need to get this expansion live asap. I've got a forum where I'm posting on my progress,so people already know it's taken me the best part of 3 months. :rolleyes:

Ok when you have time I've uploaded the .esp and .wav in a compressed folder called ESPandWAV.rar.

If you can help me get at least one line of dialogue into the mod I'd be grateful and maybe could take it from there.

If you ever have time in the future you can take a look at my entire mod, so far (the world is almost finished) and see if you can add anything - storyline, quest, etc - to improve it.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=B60C11D037429D8E%21191&cid=B60C11D037429D8E

Will do. I'll take a look and have a go. If it's successful and there aren't too many lines, I could just do them all for you. It depends on time of course, but I did 30-odd lines for a custom NPC in under an hour.

I've been stupid again. I really hate arrow crafting in Skyrim. I decided to add a better version of a private mod (that I made a while ago) to my expansion, so that arrows could be crafted more realistically and in a lore-friendly fashion...

The problem is that I needed new mineable ore (copper), ore, ingots, copper filings, vinegar, thread, arrow shafts, wax, pine resin, verdigris, feathers and fletching. They all needed new textures and most needed nifs. Then I had to make recipes for crafting the glue, fletching, verdigris, thread and the arrows themselves. Then I had to add harvestable items to craft stuff from things found in skyrim. to cap it all off, I had to add some of the core items to appropriate merchants all around Skyrim...

It's cool but a few days' work!

I'll take a look at the entire mod out of sheer curiosity. That way, when I get this expansion out of the way, I'll be in a better position to choose between starting the final expansion or diving in with you... that's if you can use my skills... I'm no expert in everything.

I'm finally going to draw a line under adding to the expansion since it tests well, except for testing needed to make sure all of my merchants sell the stuff correctly.

Probably tomorrow or late tonight before I get to look at the lip file issue. Either way, tomorrow (UK time) is the earliest I can get back.

Edit: Downloaded esp and wav. Here we go!