A Thank You to all the people who have helped me on this forum.

Hi.

I started looking at the files you sent just now and I've found a problem right away.

Your wav file is stereo, 48 kHz. Voice files are all mono, 44.1 kHz. I'd bet that's what's stopping the lip files being generated. Not sure about the sampling frequency stopping it but CK is expecting a mono track, not stereo. The game is very fussy about what formats it recognizes, so you may want to match the 44.1 kHz sampling frequency, too.

You can try converting the wav files to mono and see if that cures your problem. I'll hold off doing anything more until I hear back from you if that's fixed it.

Edit. I did a quick test anyway. I couldn't generate a lip file from the stereo track. I left the frequency at 48 kHz and converted the track to mono.... lip file generated!

That's your problem.

Edit 2: Given a post I've just been reading by Maxarturo, saying that all sorts of bugs can creep into the game with 'custom' sounds, I'd be inclined to make the sample frequency 44.1 kHz. Your wav files are already 16 bit, so that's no worry. Match everything to how Bethesda did it is what I'm saying. I did with all of my voice files and they work perfectly every time.

Kind of confused as to how you ended up with a stereo 48 kHz track from a vanilla mono 44.1 kHz track file that you just shortened. Anyway, that's just curiosity.

Edit 3: It's been 3 days since I gave you the answer to your problem and no response... Are you giving up on me? Maybe you just missed it. I'd like to know if it cures your problem. I think it should. If not, then there is something wrong with your CK/CK Fixes set-up.

Since I half-offered to make the lip files for you, I have a vested interest in this! I don't mind making lip files, but it's one of those CK tasks that are a bit tedious... I'd rather be making lovely cells, writing books or even thinking about how a quest is to pan out than laborious click, select, Ctrl-C, click Ctrl-V Click 'select from WAV', click 'Generate Lip File', then after they're all done open UnFuzer, select directory Click 'Wav + Lip to Fuz'. Enter. Boy, it sounds boring just writing it once!...

... I need a slave to do these tedious tasks for me, whilst I concentrate on loftier matters!

I'd even prefer to do navmeshing.

Actually, I'm quite weird about that... I like navmeshing! I find it relaxing. I navmesh everything by hand, because I like it and it gets the best results... auto-navmesh is rubbish! You can see the results of auto-navmesh everywhere in vanilla Skyrim... NPCs get stuck, followers run 3 miles to cover 300 yards. Total crap! They should have paid me. I'd have manually navmeshed all of Skyrim for them while listening to Pink Floyd and Jethro Tull.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, Rasikko.

So to send a BSA that is over a certain size, simply split into 'textures 1', 'Textures 2', 'textures 3', 'Meshes', 'esp' etc. Makes sense.

The OP seems to have lost interest. Strange, that.

Edit: edited to remove a misunderstanding.

Uhm.... ^^;;; I don't believe bridges have been burned, at least not on my end. For the longest time now I've not felt disrespected by anyone on this side of the forums. I believe there is a misunderstanding.

Edited by Rasikko

Sorry for getting annoyed before. As I put in the other thread I can be an idiot at times. (Think I called myself a clown in that thread, take your pick!). Hope I haven't given too much offense antstubel.

By way of a better apology, send the wav files to me and I'll do them and return them. I'll send all the files back, lip wav and fuz but you only need the fuz files in any BSA. It would be good to know that you can generate them yourself now, though. I know the filename in CK states a wav file, but the game reads a fuz file even if there is no wav. If you have a lot of dialogue this really helps to minimize the size of the BSA.

Also, if you've got music in any BSA, don't compress the BSA when you make it. You can compress a file with sound FX and voice files, but not music tracks. I did and couldn't understand why the game would CTD every time I entered a cell with custom music when running off the BSA, but not when it was using loose files.

Apology accepted cumbrianlad. I appreciate your offer of doing the voice files for me and I accept. However at this moment I literally have 2 lines of dialogue for 2 characters. As you can guess I stopped making more when everything just wouldn't work for me. Also I don't have a 'proper' script for all of the actors. This may take a long time to get to but I will tale your offer if it still stands in the future.

So today, after cumnrianlad's advice of changing the bit rate of the .wav file and making it mono, I tried again. I recorded a video so you can see exactly what I did and how it failed for me.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=B60C11D037429D8E&id=B60C11D037429D8E%2152863&parId=B60C11D037429D8E%21191&o=OneUp

The offer to make lip and fuz files still stands. When I do it I'll make a recording of my method.

My method is dreadfully simple compared to that. I know you see guides everywhere telling you to record silences but it's totally unnecessary, even for totally new custom voice lines. You still shouldn't get a fatal error, though.

The dreaded 'Fatal Error' is strange. Since I never record silence, I wouldn't know if that happens to me I'll need to do a test and see.

I think the preview of the sound is just playing silence because you didn't delete the 'Temp' file that CK created. Doing it that way is for recording the actual lines from CK. You say the dialogue, rename the temp file and continue recording more lines. With my working dialogue pressing 'Preview' does nothing. It's just to let you hear the 'Temp' recording to see if you're happy with it. If not, you recordid again and it overwrites the 'Temp' file.

Maybe the temp file still being there is why Mr Henry won't say his line?