Photo

What is the best way to move one Alias around?

alias quest scripting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

xWilburCobbx

xWilburCobbx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

I am still new to this and I have forgotten a lot about using Aliases, and spent almost the whole day trying to make a bunch of triggers share 1 objective marker. I couldn't find a way to do this using only Radiant Quest methods, I ended up doing this almost entirely with scripts.

The idea is I want to use triggers, that do stuff like disable themselves, and I want to mark only 1 at a time in no particular order so the player can find em all. I have a functioning script, but I hate the possibility of spazzing out the Papyrus engine and would like to do this in the cleanest way possible.

Spoiler

This script runs on an Alias, any trigger I use will run the AliasSwitch() function. This will change the Alias if the marked trigger is activated, and skip to the next remaining trigger.

Do you think I nailed it? Or is this just a terrible way of accomplishing this?

maxarturo

maxarturo

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

I think this is a simplest way to this, plus it has an advantage compare with having an 'Alias' for each trigger box and handle the 'Alias' through stages, you save / use less memory.

xWilburCobbx

xWilburCobbx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
Thanks a bunch!

I guess my research paid off then, just had to be sure I wasn't doing it weird. I feel like it should be simpler just to move an objective marker to multiple aliases, especially since they are all the same form.

I haven't released a mod yet, but I have scrapped a few, so this time I have to move past just making things work. I want to do this efficiently, and elegantly so it will behave around other mods, and won't screw with peoples saves.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alias, quest, scripting

Page loaded in: 1.741 seconds