Mass Effect- A galaxy at war: Redux

mythicdawnmaster

Aria answered after a few minutes to Logan's call, she was back in the comm room, figuring it the best place to be, due to all of the contacts that were bound, in some way or another, to call her up. She'd already taken a call from a few mercenary leaders who had recently arrived in the battle, and the tides were, as always, in Aria's favour.

"Colonel Logan Howlett? Well, i have to say, i'm surprised you bothered showing your face. I didn't think Hackett was being serious when he called that 'Alliance peace treaty with the Terminus systems', seems like an empty promise, but i suppose you were sent here to keep up the charade? If you have cannons, fire upon my enemies, if you have troops, fire upon my enemies, it really is just that simple. If you feel like a ground assault, then i'll call you once i've boarded the station. I don't think anymore needs to be said." With that, the Asari cut off the transmission.

She rolled her eyes as the comm terminal beeped again, this time it was a hail from the Lady.

"This is Aria T'loak, And i believe that was Co-ordinates you just sent me? Well, what do you need?" Aria asked with a sigh, wondering what kind of mess Tripp and his team had gotten into this time.

Jurax smashed his fist into the face of the unarmed dock master, his nose broke and he fell to the floor. The Krogan lifted the man and threw him onto a fire which was burning just feet away. He turned and continued to load some valuable items onto a transport ship. The boss had given the order to fight for omega, but the Krogan was more interested in what money could be made from this. There was just one last loose end to tie. Revenge on the Taurian. He opened communications to Zarath "Taurian, get back here now, I need to speak with you" The taurian had been leading a small unit into the heart of Omega... Aria's own club. They were to secure the club.

"No.I'll be breaching the club momentarily"

"What?! What club? Return here now!" The krogan barked

"Negative, Jurax. These orders come from the boss himself. I'm taking this group into the club"

"How did you... that place is locked down! How do you expect to break in?"

"That is none of your concern. I know what you did. Your part in this mission is over Jurax, goodbye." The taurian cut off communications, the Krogan shouted. Two recruits entered behind him, the Krogan spun

"What do you want?!"

"I'm sorry sir... it's time for you to leave"

"What? I am your boss! Tell me what..." the krogan never finished his sentence. The young gang members performed their first kill with the small but powerful pistols they had been supplied. The krogans blood hissed as it hit flames of the fire he unceremoniously fell upon.

A quarian worked on a control panel, they were getting closer to opening the club, but every failure wasted time they did not have.

Finally, the doors slid open and Zarath entered Afterlife, followed by the rookies they found the place surprisingly empty. "Spread out, prepare for any assualt. Tell the Quarian to start using the panel in here. Secure the club at all costs."

Edited by Brutii

Oracle received the connection from Aria's vessel and dispatched it to Tripp, his air supply was below half and he was already showing signs of oxygen depravation. He answered the comm with a sarcastic remark.

"Well hello beautiful... I was wondering if you could give me a hand... I sorta got...uhhh, ejected." He said with a whimsical tone. He glanced at his thruster power, it was mostly gone. He had one good hard burn left, he sighed and keyed over her comm channel again. "I am drifting, my suit is in EV mode and running out of air. I got maybe thirty-five minutes tops before I am done." He explained, putting his cards on the table.

"Colonel, would you like me to assemble the team?" Massachusetts, the ships A.I. asked as Logan turned away from the Communications Room.

"I still cannot understand why Hackett wanted an A.I. installed to the Mother of Intervention. He was always against it until now. But yes, to answer your question. Assemble the team." Logan stated as he stopped and looked at Massachusetts.

Massachusetts nodded. He made the announcement over the ships intercom system. He also made several other announcements such as crew birthdays. He turned to Logan and said "I believe it is important for the crew to know when their fellow crew-members were born. And from what I've seen of you in these past few months, you're terrible at it." The Colonel couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. "I may get used to you, I might just get used to you." He replied.

Meanwhile, on-board the Staff of Charon, crew members were scurrying around trying to get the shields back online, but to no avail. Another barrage from the Mother of Intervention soon hit the Staff of Charon and with critical damage to the engines and life support. "Damn them! Fight for all your worth!" The Turian captain screamed into the intercoms of the ship. The first barrage fired towards the Mother of Intervention, but did not penetrate the shields.

Edited by AGhostdogg10

Aria sighed at Tripp's predicament, but answered him amusedly "Well... if you can just give me fifty minutes..." she joked with a chuckle, directing the ship's captain to follow the co-ordinates.

With the enemy fleet occupied, Aria took the time to make a quick run for Tripp, the sleek vessel cut through space, avoiding debris, ships, and asteroids as it travelled, stopping with it's airlock open near Tripp. She hoped he had equipped a thruster of some kind to his suit, otherwise she'd have to send people out to get him, and in such a frantic battle, that wasn't much of an option. But then again, she knew deep down she wouldn't let Tripp die.

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

• 2 weeks later...

"Colonel, we've been hit by an enemy barrage. However our shields took the hit." Massachusetts reported, as Logan continued his walk towards the armory. Minutes later he entered the armory and began to equip his T5-V Battlesuit. Once he finished he grabbed his M-99 'Saber' Assault Rifle (which had been recolored black), and loaded a fresh thermal cell into it.

"Massachusetts, Tell the team they have five minutes to finish gearing up. We'll be meeting in the hanger for this one. Also, inform Emerson if those bastards so much as scratch my ship, she's fired." Logan ordered as he was examining his equipment. The A.I. smiled and made the announcement for the team, then personally delivering the message to Emerson.

Edited by AGhostdogg10

• 3 weeks later...

Tripp carefully guided himself towards the waiting shuttle, giving quick but short thrusts to gently glide into the waiting airlock. He breathed a heavy sigh of relief when the airlock depressurized and opened. Tripp smiled wide and tapped the release button and stepped into the shuttle. The interior was far more upscale then he had expected but knowing Aria's expensive tastes he shouldn't be surprised. He drew Bianca and checked her heat sink, the readout read she was at twenty four percent capacity in bright red letters along the barrel.

With a slight shrug he slid the pistol into its holster and opened the door to the cockpit and stepped through, "Thanks for the rescue, think you could take me to The Lady? We need to get out of this battle before things get worse for us." He said calmly as he sat in the co-pilots seat next to Aria. He watched her with an appreciating eye, it had been half a decade and she had not changed one bit but he knew that Asari aged slower then humans and had longer lifespans. His Omni-Tool awoke with a hologram of Reyes. Tripp tapped the receive button and the hologram appeared in full, he smiled to see Reyes was aboard The Lady and in good condition.

"Good to see you alive sir..." She said calmly, Tripp chuckled and ran a gloved hand through his hair. "As am I. What's the status update?" He asked. Their mission was to sabotage the station to make it easy to assault it but Reyes knew he was asking about the secret objective. "We received the data and transmitted it but to get paid we need to meet the Ambassador himself." She replied, Tripp sighed. He hated dealing with Udina and unfortunately had to on many occasions, his work as a deniable asset often placed him with undesirable people with a lot of power so he had to play nice. "Tell the Ambassador we will be at the Citadel tomorrow morning.." He instructed and terminated the call, it was well known that it was a weeks travel from The Terminus Systems to The Citadel but The Lucky Lady was one of the few ships that could do it in a day.

Edited by Macman253

"She's still alive then?" Aria asked sarcastically as she eyed the holographic interface. "You always did choose such... irritating company. Whatever data you've farmed, i hope it's worth having to go to the Citadel again. I hate that place." Aria commented cynically, looking out of the window. She couldn't care less what Tripp and his team did, as long as it left her out of the picture. She knew the man well enough to know he'd never cross her, never do anything to hurt her.

She looked at Tripp and explored his features with her eyes. He looked older. It was these little things that reminded her just how short lived humans were, Aria was in the final stages of her life, yet she looked as old as a human woman in her mid thirties. Curious was the genetic diversity of the galactic races.

"The Lady's still afloat then? That ship saved your ass more than once, eh Tripp? It's... good to see you again." She said with a hesitant tone. Now was not the time to rekindle any sort of relationship, her mind was focused on one thing and one thing only- Omega.

"Set a course for the Lady, then we board the station!"

Domenic and Noah by now, had taken over a fair number of cruisers and frigates, each was quickly destroyed soon after they gained control, but they had dealt considerable damage to the enemy fleet due to their sudden, close range attacks. All the while, the stealth systems kept the Snipe from being destroyed. They decided that the enemy fleet was weakened enough, and that Aria's men would begin boarding the station soon. Why not get a head start on them? They piloted the Snipe to one of Omega's smaller docks, the systems to open the hangar door were easily hacked. They grabbed their weapons and got off their ship, leaving the AI to watch over it. Their entrance, it seemed, had gone unnoticed. Noah activated his omni-tool and contacted Aria.

"This is the Snipe again, we've boarded Omega, tell us what port you're planning to dock in and we can clear the area. We'll also hack into security and see what kind of hell we can give 'em with that."

Tripp smiled, Aria never much liked Reyes and the feeling was mutual. He sat back in the co-pilots chair and placed a nano-cig to his lips and lit it with a nickel-plated and mother of pearl lighter. The distinct clicking noise proved that it was a real lighter and it was extremely rare, Tripp had received it from a collector a few years back as a gift for him helping recover his kidnapped wife and the retrieval of a few million credits worth of art. Tripp lulled the strawberry tasting smoke around his mouth and exhaled slowly, letting his nerves relax from his harrowing experience in space.

"I hate getting spaced... Always makes me nervous." He said with a slight chuckle as he tapped the console and brought up the hologramatic schematics of the shuttle. The old smuggler had a keen eye for vessels and enjoyed space itself. As they approached the Lucky Lady he smiled wide, despite her ragged appearance most would not suspect she had more firepower then an Alliance Frigate and just as strong. Her hull plating was painted to appear old and worn and her engines left a small Ion trail to simulate age but in reality they were strait from a Turian propulsion lab, he shuttered at the thought of the Turian Navy finding out what happened to a pair of their prototype engines missing mysteriously from a warehouse of theirs. Painted on her bow was an image of a scantily clad woman with long red hair and the words, "Lucky Lady" across the front dorsal bow of the ship.

"Reyes?" He said when she asked him about her, "Yeah she's still alive... haven't lost a man since that scuffle on Novaria." He replied with a fake smile, the man in question was his shuttle pilot Jack Roberts. He laughed at her comment on the Citadel, "We take shore leave there since Omega isn't available anymore, most the crew don't mind it but I have to deal with the political fallout of being in occupied territory, most governments do not like having a freelance spy vessel in their space. To the majority of authorities he was a smuggler but to the right people he was a problem solver and that kept him out of prison, the fact that he knew where the bodies were buried came in great use.

He looked at the Lady like a man would look at his lover, that ship was his and it was a symbol of freedom to him. A sign that a man can make something good for himself if he puts the time and effort into it. He turned his gaze back to Aria and chuckled, "Yeah, The Lady won't quit. About a year ago I stole some prototype engines and fitted them into her, she's faster then a Turian Frigate now." He added as they came into final approach for The Lady's docking port.