How to duplicate a worldspace with all objects? (in FO4Edit)

"Is it really THAT hard to just duplicate a worldspace with EVERYTHING in it?"

Yes, everything involving a new worldspace creation (either from scratch or duplication) is one of the hardest tasks. You can't just copy worldspace in xEdit and expect it to work as is. This requires a lot of additional clean up postprocessing by someone who knows very well how the engine works.

I mean, what type of "clean up" do you mean?

I already removed all of the actor references with FO4Edti.

The CK does not give me errors about "duplicated unique actors" any more when I load the ESP, so that's a good thing, right?

But what else should I edit to make this work?

It is really weird that in the "city" all of the objects show up properly, but in places like Concord or the Glowing Sea, almost no static objects appear.

I would have expected the CK to "not work properly" in the densely cluttered areas (like the main city), not the other way around ....

I also used FO4Edit to check for errors and the only thing that it found was some NavMesh stuff.

But that can't be because I just copied the "worldspace" thing, no navmesh at all.

I will try to load this ESP with the actual game to see if the objects show up in the actual game.

So that I know if it is an issue with the CK or a general issue (and FO4Edit just shows is all, no matter what).

EDIT:

I just tried to load that ESP and the game crahses to desktop a few seconds after the main menu shows up.

So there is something wrong with that ESP.

But what?

EDIT:

I used FO4Edit to put a prefix in front of the worldspace cell IDs, so that there are no "duplicates" there ...

(For example: SanctuaryExt02 in the original worldspace, PWCSanctuaryExt02 in my duplicated worldspace)

I tried to load it, game still crashes a few seconds after the main menu shows up ...

I am running out of things to try here ....

Edited by YouDoNotKnowMyName

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Really?

Nobody knows how to do this?

I find that hard to belive ...

To be honest I'm not reading any of the previous answers, but Frankly... I think the problem here is that you are limiting it to xEdit. I don't know in xEdit, but in the CK I know 2 different ways.

A. In World->World Spaces, right click on the world you want duplicate and click "Duplicate".

or

B. Create a new empty world space, and go to World->Adjust Exterior Cells and, after filling the world spaces and the coordinates you want to copy, click on "Copy Exterior Cells".

EDIT:

The copied worldspace has all of the landscape in it, but nearly all of the objects are missing.

Did you checked that the references are actually missing in xEdit, or you just opened the world in-game and you didn't saw some objects? that's more likely to happen because the lack of precombined meshes. I mean, if this is the case, your duplicated worldspace contains all precombines data but the precombined meshes doesn't exists for your duplicated worldspace, in which case you would need to remove the precombined data with xEdit and everything will show up.

Edited by DieFeM

The CK right click "duplicate" thing does not work.

In xEdit, all the things are there. In the CK, they are not.

When I try to load it in the actual game, it crashes to desktop when I try to COW / COC into that copied worldspace.

I didn't copy over any "precombined" things, just the worldspace and everything that that conatins.

But I will look if there is any "PreCombine" / "PreVis" thing there ...

Edited by YouDoNotKnowMyName

The CK right click "duplicate" thing does not work.

I used both methods recently, and worked for me, not with the Commonwealth tho.

I didn't copy over any "precombined" things, just the worldspace and everything that that conatins.

The precombines data is in each reference to which the precombined meshes affect.

How do "remove" that?

Just delete the nif files?

Or do I have to go throug every single cell in xEdit and remove that record?

As I said, the precombines data is part of the references, you need to see the data of the reference and remove some entries but that's thousands of references and of course you would need a script to do such thing.

This should work: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22341?tab=description

or use this one that I did myself: https://pastebin.com/ufbEczdi

To use a script you only need to copy it to the Edit Scripts folder then, in xEdit, select the records or sections that should be affected, in this case the world space, and right click on it and click "Apply Script...", then select the script from the drop down menu and click 'OK'.

I tried that script that you wrote to remove all the Precombines.

(It only took a few minutes to run the script)

And the game still crashes when COC / COW - ing into the worldspace.

I am currently trying to load it in the CK to see if the objects are now there (CK loading this ESM takes a while ...)

Ok, so I loaded that ESM into the CK.

The cell 0,0 and one or two cells around it seem to have the objects that they should have.

But nearly every other cell only has the "Landscape" thing in the "Object References" Window (next to the "worldspace / cell" - selction window.

Just like before ....

In xEdit, stuff is there.

In the CK it is missing.

In the game, it just crashes ....