How to duplicate a worldspace with all objects? (in FO4Edit)

Wow!

I works!

Both in the CK and in the game!

And the CK load does not even take THAT long ....

I think the problem was that I never generated Previs/Precombines for that worldspace (I read somewhere that you have to do that at least once for a worldspace).

Because my CK crashes everytime I tried that ...

Thank you so much, words can't express how happy I am!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But wait a second ....

The file you shared was just and ESP file ....

And it still works!

So the "PreVis/PreCombine" stuff can't be the solution to this problem (or it maybe uses the "vanilla" Commonwealth-Worldspace PreVis / PreCombine stuff).

Or there is just a "yes, the Precom/Previs stuff got created" thing in the ESP but the game actually does not care whether it exists or not ...

It's just something that worked for me that somehow didn't worked for him. I can't tell what we've done differently.

In World->World Spaces, right click on the world you want duplicate and click "Duplicate".

The other steps are fixes that are not strictly related to the duplication of a world space,

but to clean things that should not be duplicated like unique npc, preculling and location data (in case you don't want to modify vanilla locations).

How I've cleaned it? well... xEdit script, I did my own: https://pastebin.com/2Aan4Hap .

Then you can remove Location overrides from the plugin.

I think this is just another instance of IT JUST WORKS TM.

I think somehow in the code of the Creation Kit, there is a random number generator that determines if something you try to do will actually work.

Just to make things a bit more "interesting" during development ....

:laugh:

• 2 years later...