Eye Mesh Distortions

Hey all,

I posted in Discord but figured maybe someone who isn't browsing there had a clue about this issue.

So I've attempted to export just the default eye mesh (because even Inquisition eyes were being distorted) from 3dsmax, Blender and Lightwave and all three are giving the same problem; the center iris is being distorted and with things like eyeballs, perfect circles are noticeable when they're bulging.

I wasn't encountering this problem when exporting for DA2 but meshes in the Origins format seem to bulge when perfect circular polys are encountered.

(left is a mesh that is imported straight from the default files, the right is a file that has had no changes made to it and then exported and reimported)

Now that I'm looking more closely, it looks like my eye sockets are also getting distorted. Basically vertices in a circular pattern get distorted when exported. Has anyone else encountered this?

EDIT: May have figured it out with syrnik's help; the export process does not like going off from the default naming conventions. So eyes, lashes, faces...when they get exported they HAVE to be "hm_uhm_basa_0" or race/gender/part equivalent. CANNOT be like "hf_eye_leliana". This for SOME REASON distorts certain vertices. The chunk can be named whatever you want but the msh/mmh itself MUST be named properly during export. Can probably rename it but we shall see.

Edited by IceBuckets