Getting back into the game, which mods do I get?

Diablo1099

Heya, while I'm still riding out this b&@*$ of a year, I've decided to get back into New Vegas and I'm trying to figure out which are the "Must have" mods for stability and fixes. I remember the YUP unoffical patch mod but I've been out of the loop so I'm unsure if there are new ones that do the same role or not. Can I get the community's view on it?

I recommend anyone read the entire "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article to understand the differences between this game and others you may have experience with; especially if this is your first attempt to play a modded FNV or it's been more than a year since you last did so. It is designed for someone who has never played a modded PC game before, so it tries to avoid making any assumptions, is kept "up-to-date", and covers years of "lessons learned". It is NOT a list of various mods to install that happen to work on the author's machine. It addresses fundamentals underlying how to get the basic game and mods to work together.

In particular, see the 'Essentials for Getting Started', 'Towards Game Stability', and 'Common Game Problems' sections.

-Dubious-