Can’t download larger mods

Nihility95

Hey there, I apologise if this isnât the right place to ask the question, Iâm fairly new to the site and tried looking elsewhere to see if there was anywhere similar to ask this but I had no luck. If Iâm asking in the wrong place please let me know and Iâll delete this if I can and repost it elsewhere.

The problem:

So Iâm trying to download larger mods onto my PC, but it is saying that I am not able to do so because the speed is capped at 2MBS. Is it ONLY capped to 2MBS, or can I just not outright download larger mods because Iâm not a premium member? The âmanualâ icon isnât allowing any form of download; all that shows up is the message about it being capped to 2MBS, but there is no further option to download a mod except downloading it in individual download files beneath. When I tried that the mods wouldnât function. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help!

How are you trying to download the mod?

What is giving you the message that you cannot download the mod?

If it is the notice on the mod download page, that is to inform you that the download speed is capped at 2 megabytes per second (MB/s), not that you cannot download a mod that is more than 2 megabytes.

There is no size limit for downloading mods from Nexus Mods.

Itâs possible that Iâm looking (or not looking) at something different, but whenever I click to manual download the message pops up that the speed is capped at 2MBS. Iâm just thinking âokay thatâs fine, Iâll continue at that speedâ, but the manual download icon doesnât let me download it. The message shows up, and I canât click to continue to download from there. If I click it again after the message shows up, nothing happens. Iâm not sure if Iâm clicking the wrong thing or not, but thatâs what comes up.

What game? What mod?

When I download manually, after clicking on the manual download button, I am taken to a page that offers a choice of free download or premium download. There are two buttons to click, "Slow Download" and "Fast Download". Clicking on one of them will start the download. If this does not happen with your browser, it is something the Nexus has no control over.

I suggest using another browser or change your security settings.