[Mod request] Make the game simple for a 60 y/o

joelfromthehole

Hi, I am looking to see if someone can help me mod RRD2 so that combat is stupid easy. I want to help my Dad play through this game from beg. to end (not worried about side missions). He is a huge fan of western stories and I think this game has - hands down - one of the best narratives despite the genre. He has a hand injury and has never been much of a console gamer. I want him to play through this story with me, but as the vanilla game stands I know it will never happen.

What I'm looking for is a mod to make enemy hitboxes huge. He wont be able to progress the story without fighting the combat scenarios, but they will be such a drain on us that I fear we will never reach the stories end. (Arthurs end, not concerned with prologue sequence)

Essentially the mod will make the combat playable so that you just aim where the screen is showing an enemy, and you shoot the gun, and they're dead. Huge hitboxes, combined with pref. huge damage. If we can finish the game without ever having to worry about using the dead-eye mechanic even better (unless forced by the game, then I can help him out).

Writing this request out I can already see the hurdles. i.e if Lenny or Dutch are in the same area as an enemy how do you not just kill them... I don't know. This may be an impossible task. But I'd appreciate if anyone would take up the task. I am so keen to see this done that I will even put up a $200 bounty to anyone who can complete and publish this mod.

(Sorry moderators if paying for mods is not allowed, but I really want my dad to play this game)

Also just a little personal fluff, if we could title the mod "Dad mode" that be huge.

Thanks

Also, just for clarification, the bounty would be for someone to complete this mod as I has described or at least contact me personally to the point of a mutual discussion. I'm not looking for someone to publish a 0kb file called "Dad mode" on the nexus and expect compensation. But if you can make something like I have I asked I will donate for your work. This would be a $200 donation to someone who has at least tried to achieve what I've requested above.

Mods aren't really usable right now after the patch, but when the scripthooks get fixed you could use the Difficulty Scaler mod. It has a very basic .ini file that allows you to set player and NPC damage, so setting player damages to 2.0, and NPC damages to 0.5, would double player damage and half enemy damage to the player.

Well in that case PDO will be better for you, (Ped damage overhaul), the ini file is much more complex, but you can set enemy accuracy too, and starvation rates and a few other things too. As well as being able to set the player damage higher.