CBBE and Armor load order?

beebophuckleberry

I had a look at my loader order rules (Manage Rules) in Vortex and there's nothing about armor conflicts with CBBE (or BHUNP for that matter).

This would lead me to think it loads after armor/clothing mods

I then got curious and took a look in the actual load order and found that my cbbe.esp loads at position 147, (specific position doesn't matter... it's the relative position that does) and many if not all my armors/clothes are loading well prior. (I'm lazy and didn't do an exhaustive tally... I counted to nine before I stopped and they're all much earlier in the load. I bet they all do.)

Thanks for the reply. I suspect your right. Hopefully a couple more people can also chime in to boost my confidence in this matter because I'm beginning a new playthrough with aMidian - Book of Silence and a couple other armor mods and I don't want to get halfway through the game when I suddenly notice armor that got goofed... know what I mean?

Sure understood. idk. cbbe skelton etc are in a way in their own group, and that entire group loads later because of its primacy (ie doens't want to be overwritten) , but within that group you can still have load order issues. My CBBE-3BBB has a nice long list of contentions that have to be resolved, as do another several dozen mods that affect characters (human,: npc and followers, and creature) and scenery (ie enb/weather). AND... armors can contend with each other and related mods (armor "bodyslide addons", texture enhancers,etc)

point being, it's not just the scenario you laid out that can cause things to go south. But you already probably know that. I'm just jabbering because I'm bored

(edit: for anyone who saw the word group and now wants to explain all about groups to set everyone straight, I mean LIKE a group, ie in a "category" or in math we'd call a "set", a "group of like things", not a canonical Mod manager "group" )

What should be the load order for armor mods and CBBE? For example; CBBE is conflicting with Frankly HD Imperial Armor, Frankly HD Dawnguard Armor, Frankly HD Dawnguard Armor CBBE, and aMidianBorn Book of Silence.

You have to differentiate between two aspects here:

1. load order of plugins and

2. conflicts between single files.

@1:As a general rule, plugins making changes to vanilla armor should load AFTER CBBE, for other armors mods (i.e. mods simply adding new stuff) it doesn't matter. LOOT (or Vortex' sorting function, which is based on LOOT) should usually do this right automatically.

@2: Overwirting meshes or not? The whole thing isn't game breaking, so no worries. The worst thing that can happen are some armors looking not quite as good as they could. CBBE adds meshes created for the CBBE body (and also BodySlide) for almost all clothes and armours in the base game. Other armor mods that make changes to vanilla armors (like the "Frankly HD" series) often come with their own armor meshes as well. The question is now: Are these meshes for CBBE and (IMHO less important) do they have BodySlide support? If so, I'd let the meshes from these armor mods overwrite CBBE. Otherwise I'd stick with the CBBE meshes.

"Frankly HD" comes with its own CBBE meshes, which are also configurable in BodySlide. So in the case of "Frankly HD" I'd recommend to let its meshes overwrite the ones from CBBE.

Thanks Algabar. I finally made the overwrite decisions and so far everything looks fantastic. I checked many of the females first because their bodies were altered the most. The gals look great. No issues with males either. I think it's safe enough to start a new playthrough.

Besides, if I notice something wrong later in the game I believe I can safely change the overwrite decisions without causing game breaking issues. Time will tell ;)

Thanks again fellas!