Being redicted to a scam site

s4kk0

This problem appeared today (first of august 2020) at around 6pm where I live (Finland).

I was browsing Fallout 4 mods, when suddenly I was redicted to a scam site. The site is pretending to be a customer satisfaction survey from a popular Finnish telecommunications company Elisa. I've attached a sceenshot of it.

I have done a virus scan with Windows defender and Malwarebytes. They both say that my computer is 100% clean. I use Google Chrome, didn't find any malicious extensions installed. The problem only appears on Nexus, not on any other websites.

I also tested the problem with Firefox, a browser I have installed despite never using it... And the ad appeared there as well, as soon as I entered Nexus.

It takes about 5 seconds for the ad to appear. It comes from both the front page as well as the mods list. This renders the website unusable, because no matter what I do, I can only browse for 5 seconds until I'm redirected back to the ad.

EDIT: POSSIBLY RESOLVED?

It's now almost 8pm and the ad seems to have stopped appearing. Gonna leave this post here tho, in case it reappears + this might be useful info to admins anyway.

Edited by s4kk0