FO4 CK crashes when trying to render an external cell

Euclid

Hi All,

Not sure this is the right place to ask but I'd appreciate your help.

I was happily using the CK creating own mods to adjust workshop borders, adding items to Scrap All etc. until about 2 weeks ago. Now I had a new idea for a workshop area extension (Jamaica Plain) but everytime I try to render the cell the CK just CTD. Event viewer indicates an access violation. Internal cells are ok, no problem to render them. Also the Skyrim CKs (32bit and SE version) both have no issue in rendering external cells.

I've logged to Bethesda.net and did a repair (no avail) and then a uninstall and a fresh re-install of the CK but neither solved the problem. I've loaded only the Fallout4. esm into the CK and encountered the same problem (btw. is it normal that the Fallout4.esm causes about 400 warnings?). I've used steam to verify integrity of the game files - no issue here. I did a memory test which confirmed that my 16Gb RAM are working just fine. Finally I've reduced the grids to load in the render window properties from 5 to 3 and even to 1 but nothing solved the crash issue.

I have ran out of ideas. Please advise.

Cheers Euclid

edit: 400 errors changed to 400 warnings.E,

Edited by Euclid

Finally solved it!!

It is the JaneBod vanilla outfit conversion that caused the access violation. After removing the mod external cells load just fine. Shame really because now I have to redo the Bodyslide outfit batch again and that every time when there is an external cell to mod.

Cheers Euclid

Finally solved it!!

It is the JaneBod vanilla outfit conversion that caused the access violation. After removing the mod external cells load just fine. Shame really because now I have to redo the Bodyslide outfit batch again and that every time when there is an external cell to mod.

Cheers Euclid

I find it easier to set up a separate Profile in MO2 that i do all my modding in that way it doesn't affect my game play installed MODs. Since it uses a virtual files system it wont load anything not in vanilla gamefiles which is nice.

Nice tutorial on setting up MO2 by GamerPoets: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlN8weLk86Xh3ue76x2ibqtmMramwQmHB