Help Finding Maya CK Plugin Source

Gunshot08

Howdy,

I've been working on a mod for Skyrim via the Creation Kit and I need to make and edit some models. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a working download link for the plugin for Maya. I don't own 3DSMax, and everywhere I've looked - including the niftools.sourceforge.ne page, multiple modding forums and even nexus forums - only to turn up the same rapidshare link which gives the error "you don't have permission to download this". I don't know if this is because the link is very old and hasn't had many downloads (I know some sharing sites deactivate inactive links), but I really need to find this plugin. I've got Maya 2012 and can revert it to pre service packs if need be, but I am having a lot of trouble finding a working download of the Maya CK nif Plugin.

If anyone could point to me a working download or even put their own copy of the plugin online for just long enough for me to download it I would be unbelievably grateful.

Thank you.

I have dropped Alexcu/Coldblood a pm that the link has broken. The problem is that github where we usually host dev builds has stopped providing its upload service. We prefer not to host in-dev builds on the File Release system on sf.net so I am attempting to gather together builds myself and find a solution.

Hopefully he will get back to me and can do a rebuild as I don't have the time to do it myself atm. I will pass on a version to you then. Again I have not been talking to him since well before the New Year so I do not know when he will get back to me either.

Edited by neomonkeus

Thank you so much! It's excellent to hear that and hopefully he'll be on soon, although I'm patient enough to wait quite a while. It would be fantastic to get my maya up to speed and continue with this mod and several others I have planned. Oh and just to be sure I'm running Maya 2012 x64.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and my messages. Thanks again.

Got a reply back today. Coldblood unfortunately does not have time to do active development, but has made time to get some builds made, for 2011, 2012 & 2013 hopefully. It probably won't be until the weekend but I will make these available on niftools once they are built. So keep an eye out. His build are still beta, but it has a lot more directly supported features for Skyrim than any of the other plug-in. Any feedback would be appreciated, though not having time to do development means there is little if no updated documentation.

When you do get your hands on a build, be sure to check out the Maya specific forums for topics relating to tests Coldblood and Throttlekitty did when he was active. Not being a Maya, I don't think that would be of much help so be prepared to jump in there, though I expect that from the quality of work, there should not be too much trouble.