4 replies to this topic

Gunshot08

Gunshot08

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Howdy,

I've been working on a mod for Skyrim via the Creation Kit and I need to make and edit some models. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a working download link for the plugin for Maya. I don't own 3DSMax, and everywhere I've looked - including the niftools.sourceforge.ne page, multiple modding forums and even nexus forums - only to turn up the same rapidshare link which gives the error "you don't have permission to download this". I don't know if this is because the link is very old and hasn't had many downloads (I know some sharing sites deactivate inactive links), but I really need to find this plugin. I've got Maya 2012 and can revert it to pre service packs if need be, but I am having a lot of trouble finding a working download of the Maya CK nif Plugin.

If anyone could point to me a working download or even put their own copy of the plugin online for just long enough for me to download it I would be unbelievably grateful.
Thank you.

neomonkeus

neomonkeus

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
I have dropped Alexcu/Coldblood a pm that the link has broken. The problem is that github where we usually host dev builds has stopped providing its upload service. We prefer not to host in-dev builds on the File Release system on sf.net so I am attempting to gather together builds myself and find a solution.

Hopefully he will get back to me and can do a rebuild as I don't have the time to do it myself atm. I will pass on a version to you then. Again I have not been talking to him since well before the New Year so I do not know when he will get back to me either.

Edited by neomonkeus, 28 January 2013 - 04:17 PM.

Gunshot08

Gunshot08

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Thank you so much! It's excellent to hear that and hopefully he'll be on soon, although I'm patient enough to wait quite a while. It would be fantastic to get my maya up to speed and continue with this mod and several others I have planned. Oh and just to be sure I'm running Maya 2012 x64.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and my messages. Thanks again.

neomonkeus

neomonkeus

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
Got a reply back today. Coldblood unfortunately does not have time to do active development, but has made time to get some builds made, for 2011, 2012 & 2013 hopefully. It probably won't be until the weekend but I will make these available on niftools once they are built. So keep an eye out. His build are still beta, but it has a lot more directly supported features for Skyrim than any of the other plug-in. Any feedback would be appreciated, though not having time to do development means there is little if no updated documentation.

When you do get your hands on a build, be sure to check out the Maya specific forums for topics relating to tests Coldblood and Throttlekitty did when he was active. Not being a Maya, I don't think that would be of much help so be prepared to jump in there, though I expect that from the quality of work, there should not be too much trouble.

Gunshot08

Gunshot08

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
That is great news! I'll be sure to keep checking NifTools for the uploads, and I will definitely be posting all feedback on the Maya forums to help out in any future developments.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.004 seconds