Some quests not progressing correctly help me guys

salimpo

I noticed some of the quests and dialogs and even brawls that are mainly outside doesn't progress correctly they only progress if i'am far away or in a diffrent cell, i don't know if it is a script lag or something else help me guys figure it out.

ps : i play a heavily modded skyrim se but i don't have any other problem.

doesn't progress correctly they only progress if i'am far away or in a diffrent cell

Well...not exactly sure how to interpret that, but if I'm reading it right, your forgot to include "or I have to sleep for a while", which is also a normal thing that's required before certain quest steps progress. Some quests will progress as fast as you can accomplish each step, others have some sort of "trips" or "triggers" in them, so you have to leave an area, or wait some amount of time (or maybe even both in some cases idk) for it to continue on.

In other words, unless you can clarify that it's out of the norm, I'd think, it was normal

WAIT!!!!!

Now, if you mean that you initiate something, and nothing happens, and you're now walking a half mile ahead and the game grabs you up and throws you back there again or some text prompt suddenly pops up out of nowhere that should have done so before... in my experience, that's severe script lag. (no, btw, I'm not mocking you, both of those have happened to me)

Some mods can present scripted content in console. when they do, an easy identifier for lag is to watch console for the term "Lag timer" and an associated value that is large.. Afaik any mention of lag timer should be 0, and any other value (or any value that is more than a decimal fraction < 1) means a queue has formed and commands aren't being processed as fast as they want to be...

tbh, what I usually use as a debug helper is to initiate a SL animation. it updates its setup steps in echoed text to console and when lag is in evidence, it shows it

How I deal with it is as follows:

1 I try to get somewhere quiet (my smallest-cell player home) and sleep a few cycles of 24 hours.

2) Then I save, clean the save using fallrim tools, and then reload the cleaned save into the game.

3) Then I play low-key for a while (ie, do some crafting ...cook, smithing, gardening,whatever) before really getting back into things (I usually make a new save at this point just so I have a level starting point in case anything goes wrong.

My theory is as follows: scripting got bottle-necked for whatever reason. In order to allow the game to catch up, I idle in a sleep state in a low activity cell. When I've waited a while, I save and clean (purge) any residual junk I can from the save, and then play in a low impact way for a while longer just to make sure any residual code tasks that weren't already completed and were hidden from view in the list of purgables in fallrim are allowed to complete on their own.

At that point it should be ok. Unless it's not. And if it's not, my usual recourse is to step back a save or two until it is. Sometimes things get buggered in a way that makes it easier to just get over the loss of that diamond necklace or sword or whatever and choose the more expedient solution to the bigger problem. I figure the baubles will come back again, and so will the exp...

edit: typos

Thank you a lot youre comment was very educative for me now i'am certain it's not a script lag because i play a smooth game my probleme is when i want to brawl let's say with utghard she accepts and take my money and walk away without a brawl and she'll do that avery time when in exterior world but in interior cell she'll brawl me no probleme same probleme with alvor the blacksmith he'll tell me to craft something when i craft it the quest doesn't progress until am in a diffrent cell or in a interior cell same goes with the companion who wants to test my skill he tell me to hit him but when i hit him i become an enemy to him all this is braking my immersion and i don't know what causes this.

thanks a lot for replying friend.

That doesn't sound out of the norm to me. As I noted, some quests require a delay or some other possibly unrelated thing to happen before they progress. (like smithing the helmet, or even sharpening the dagger). I don't know why. it just is.