Adding Music Mods to Skyrim SE

Tragthemercenary

Gentlemen, and/or ladies:

I know that there are many topics on the internet concerning adding music mods to Skyrim SE. I don't think I've found one that addresses my problems.

Simply stated, I want to add the Yggdrasil mod to my game. I use the replacer version. However,all I get is the vanilla music, which after about a 1000 hours is getting a little old, to say the least. I use a 64-bit Windows 10 Acer Aspire gaming computer. I mention this because some "solutions" on the internet name Windows 10 as a problem. I use the Vortex Mod Manager. Whatever i do, nothing seems to work.

Is there something that I'm missing? I thought that I was something of an expert on adding mods to Skyrim and Skyrim SE.

Thanks for any help that you can give me, on this.

Thanks!

Regarding Windows 10: It isn't a problem for modding in itself. There's just one rule you should follow: Don't install games or anything game related into the "program files (x86)" folder on your system drive (usually C:). Windows 10 treats this folder as if it was a system folder, resulting in various permission issues... Simply place Skyrim (and also other games) outside said folder, and you should be good to go. But as an experienced modder you probably already know this.

Regarding your sound issue: Do you have other sound or music mods installed? As with every other type of mods, in case of conflicting entries the last mod in your load order "wins". If you got another sound or music replacer installed after "Yggdrasil", this mod will likely "override" it - so no music from "Yggdrasil". Try to place the mod near the end of your load order. Also try creating a "bashed patch" with Wrye Batch. If that doesn't help, you may have to manually create a patch in xEdit.

Regarding Windows 10: It isn't a problem for modding in itself. There's just one rule you should follow: Don't install games or anything game related into the "program files (x86)" folder on your system drive (usually C:). Windows 10 treats this folder as if it was a system folder, resulting in various permission issues... Simply place Skyrim (and also other games) outside said folder, and you should be good to go. But as an experienced modder you probably already know this.

Maybe IF you use MO2 or NMM.

I use Vortex

Being a total newb to Skyrim when I first installed the game to my new PC back in early 2019, I cluelessly installed Steam and the game to the Program Files (x86) folder, and it works fine.

Far as I can tell, I've had no special problems with the game (outside the regular issues other players run into) nor any special write permissions issues. I even have a second music mod installed (Northern Diaries)