About the logistics of NCR Decommisioning Salvaged Power Armour

sovngarde195

I'm thinking of making a mod of Salvaged Power Armor that lacks NCR insignia (I made the textures and put it into my own game) but I'm wondering if it'd be lore friendly considering the effort in acquiring the suits, stripping out the servos and such and just decomminsioning it.

4696280-1596355951.png

Part of me was thinking "Maybe the cost of repairing said suits were just too high so incredibly beat up versions would be sold at Camp McCarran or elsewhere (if you have any ideas on where else I'd love to hear them) or maybe somebody could be selling off NCR assets behind their back or it could be an official scheme for making money by offering it to the highest bidder?" but I really have no clue.

I'd love to hear your takes as I want to make the mod but don't want it to be out of place or be nonsensical/immersion breaking.

I'm also thinking of adding like 50+% poison resist to regular NCR and Decommisioned suits as there's very few parts of the suit that a stinger or blade could get through so I'd like advice on that as well.

Edited by sovngarde195

A prospector with experience in repair could have done it and died with it on him/her somewhere in the Mojave. After all the dialogue in the game tells you that technicians did the decommission, not nuclear engineers or someone with crazy expertise Edited by UnvalidUserName

A prospector with experience in repair could have done it and died with it on him/her somewhere in the Mojave. After all the dialogue in the game tells you that technicians did the decommission, not nuclear engineers or someone with crazy expertise

True, but then again I want them to be rare so maybe I should only add them to dead ones in higher level dungeons. I don't doubt for a second that Ralph could do it (if he could find a suit of T-45) but him selling them might be overkill. Maybe Mick could sell a unique version in his secret shop or Ralph could get a new dialogue option where he could modify a suit of T-45 if payment and the suit are provided but I'm bad at making paintlike markings in Photoshop (what prospector wouldn't paint their suit) and I haven't learned anything about making dialogue/stitching voice lines together or where I can get the voice lines.