Suggestion to add a button on mod conflicts to re scan

WhoNose

When I update to a new version of a mod, Vortex is nice enough to pop up: "Some mods are redundant..." and I can click on it and say "disable", and that version will go "underneath" the new version which is perfect. When that happens, the conflict with the older version still shows. It doesn't seem right to me to tell it to have the new version load "after" a disabled version, so I close Vortex, and re-open it and of course the conflict warning is now gone.

Would it be possible in a new version of Vortex to have a 3rd button that says "check again" so it would go away on its own without closing Vortex?

(Or is there another way to refresh it without closing Vortex that I'm not seeing?)

Thanks!

I understand what @WhoNose is saying. Missing Masters has a "Check Again" option that is almost instantaneous. I agree, this would be a nice option that wouldn't have to take as long as waiting on a full deployment (several minutes in my case) if the only goal is to see if the redundancy still exists and clear the flag. Some redundancies can be resolved with mod order rather than disabling, and checking this should not require copying the entire Enabled portion of the Staging Folder again because no files are being removed or added. Or does it?

But I also understand the point @AugustaClidia made. Any time you disable a mod, even if you don't do so immediately you are eventually going to have to Deploy to remove the files associated with that mod from the live Game folder and give Vortex a fresh look at mod deploy order.

I'm not certain, but I don't think that closing and reopening Vortex is even a viable solution in this case because it isn't the same as Deploying. If there is a Deployment pending when Vortex is shut down and restarted, does it Deploy on its own?

I'm speculating some here because I don't fully know what's going on under the hood.

OP is simply talking about a situation where a conflict notice is triggered when a replacement version for a mod creates a redundancy. After disabling one of the redundant mods, if the conflict notice is still there, simply deploy to eliminate it.

Edited by AugustaCalidia

It deploys on it's own when I update a mod. So it has already deployed when I am closing and opening Vortex and then it is simply doing the "Check Again". I hadn't thought about using Deploy, so thanks for that as it does work, but it does take more time than closing and opening, and since it is already deployed, it seems the way to go would be a "Check Again" function. (I have NO idea, but I would think it would be easy to add as a new feature on Vortex's next update.)