SKSE64 not finding skyrimse.exe

RayneG45

I had it installed just fine, and my mods were working just fine a couple days ago, but now it says that, i didn't remove any files.... though that dang backup thing might have. it said something about 500+ files missing and restoring them. i might have clicked yes as i assume something was wrong. nnut thats all that happened between it working and it not, unlesss vortex mods could have done this. could someone please help? should I uninstal and reinstall skyrim special edition?

i did use steam to check that all the files were there and intact. it said everything was okay. and yes I did install the current SE build, i did use 7zip, and i did copy them al;l to the correct place as per the tutorials.

I've had this happen to me before. I used purge mods to test something, then deployed when I was done - everything looked fine until I started the game and got this same message. Turns out, when I deployed after the purge, deploy did not enable the plugins under the plugins tab - I selected all the plugins (with a few exceptions), hit enable and everything was fine.

so, check under plugins and make sure they are enabled.

what do you mean by purging?

and how do you do that Picky?

Purging removes the mod hardlinks from the game data folder. Deploying restores them. Purging is a non-destructive procedure. It does not remove any mods or mod archives.

The "Purge" button is found on the mods page taskbar.

I did that... nothing happened. i tried redownloading Skse64, but all i get is a single folder that does nothing isntead of a big 7 zip file.

should I just delete all SKSE64 files on my computer and uninstall skyrim then reinstall it?

Edited by RayneG45