I AM NOT SPAM

UhuruNUru

There is a very real issue with hCatpcha (and recaptcha for that matter) on higher resolution monitors. The captcha image screens do not scale well, and so on a high resolution monitor, the images that one is to choose from are so small as to be pretty much indistinguishable from each other.

The current solution, reset your high resolution monitor to a lower resolution (1024x768 or 800x600) so you can see the captcha images. Then, when blessed by captcha, reset your resolution to one more in line with why you paid for a hi-res monitor. Alternatively, hook up an old monitor to your system so you can drag the captcha onto that screen and work from there.

There is a very real issue with hCatpcha (and recaptcha for that matter) on higher resolution monitors. The captcha image screens do not scale well, and so on a high resolution monitor, the images that one is to choose from are so small as to be pretty much indistinguishable from each other.

The current solution, reset your high resolution monitor to a lower resolution (1024x768 or 800x600) so you can see the captcha images. Then, when blessed by captcha, reset your resolution to one more in line with why you paid for a hi-res monitor. Alternatively, hook up an old monitor to your system so you can drag the captcha onto that screen and work from there.

Can you not equally solve this by pressing Ctrl and + to zoom the browser? That seems simpler.

Can you not equally solve this by pressing Ctrl and + to zoom the browser? That seems simpler.

I would, if it worked. In my experience, it does not affect the captcha popup.

sounds to me like you need to go to the optician.

Sounds to me like you need to take your own advice.

hcaptcha.png

Page after page of this. And then when you are forced to refresh or skip the imagesets too many times, enjoy a "flood protection" timeout. I won't even go into the situations where they show 10% or less of an object with no identifying cues and expect you to identify it.

Just got bit by this mess too... hCaptcha isn't even giving me a puzzle to solve - it just shows a green checkmark when I click - but I still get "ERROR Help us prevent spam by completing the captcha challenge." over and over again.

After installing a different browser and still having the problem, it eventually cleared up on all browsers, which makes me think it was a server issue and nothing on my end.

What a frustrating mess.

Edited by HunterZ

Just want to Thank Nexus Staff for fixing the issue, I complained of in OP.

I kept trying to log in, using Pale Moon, It was broken captcha blocked until today.

I no longer get any Captcha on the Login page, so now I can login once more.

This is all I wanted, and the result is acceptable to me, as the solution to the issue.

I assume it's been moved to registration page where it belongs.

I will now be able to download mods once more.

We have turned off the hCaptcha for log in (but it remains for new registrations) because the annoying quirks it was having were more detrimental than the security it provides. Obviously if we suddenly get a bunch of spam bots taking advantage of the change we'll have to add it back in.