ellomenop

ellomenop

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
In response to post #87034458.

Spoiler

If you see messages that sound scary like your save file was corrupted, you just installed the mods incorrectly (or have other mods that are nonfunctional).  At the end of the day, you can always validate your game files in steam (or uninstall the mods in another way) and restore normal functionality

ellomenop

ellomenop

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
In response to post #87087978.

Spoiler

This just means you do not have the SJSON portion installed.  That is not necessary for this mod, so you can safely ignore ERROR 5 if everything else works

ellomenop

ellomenop

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
In response to post #86999538.

Spoiler

You can find a google sheet with a big list here:
https://www.speedrun.com/hades/resources

The search functionality also can help you find good seeds for specific starts :)

ellomenop

ellomenop

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
In response to post #86980958.

Spoiler

Yes this just effects your starting boon, the room reward type of the second room and the presence of chaos / erebus gates in the first two rooms.

To explain seeds, you will have to forgive me an aside about how RNG works.  Basically RNG is just a sequence of "random" numbers generated by some function.  In computer programs that means if you can recreate the inputs to that function, you can recreate the sequence of random numbers.  This is also useful for debugging where you want to repeat what happened.

In this case, a "seed" is basically the inputs of that function / the seed that this sequence of numbers grows from.  If you have a different seed, the RNG will do different things.

In Hades, your seed is randomized when you die or complete a run.  I simply edit the seed for your next run and then predict what starting rewards it will give you.  This is useful for people that want to see a certain god at the start of their run or just start with a Hammer they like.

So the numbers are just different RNG possibilities that you can select from!

xxkiitsune

xxkiitsune

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
This mod is freaking great! After finishing the story & unlocking everything, I got a bit bored with the game. I didn't have trouble continuing on higher heat, but it was just very RNG dependant. This mod allows me to play the builds I want without being game-breaking! Thanks so much for making this!

1 thing I noticed though is that sometimes it doesn't seem to work right with certain seeds, I notice sometimes when choosing seeds for certain hammer upgrades it sometimes isn't correct when I get into the run. I found trying to get Breaching Slash Hammer while using Arthur was especially bad for some reason, I tried multiple different seeds (like 6+) and couldn't find 1 that worked. Most of the time it's no biggie though, it's not super prevalent, just happens once in a while and I just have to reroll a few times with a different combination for most. The 1 I mentioned above was the only combination I really had trouble on and couldn't get to work.

edit: I think I noticed the problem, seems like cursed slash and breaching slash are mixed up? I noticed in every attempt cursed slash came up, so I tried rolling for cursed slash instead to see what would happen and I got breaching slash instead.

Edited by xxkiitsune, 23 November 2020 - 04:56 PM.

drawninnit

drawninnit

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hey this mod sounds really fun, but when I try to run the mod importer, it tells me that it recognizes two files (Mods/EllosStartingBoonSelectorMod/modfile.txt & Mods/ModUtil/modfile.txt) but then it says "Modified files for Hades.v1.36090 mods:
0 base files import a total of 0 mod files." I know next to nothing about mods and programing type things, but I did look at the txt files and it just says to "import scripts," so can I just do this manually somehow? thank you to anyone who has read this far, and I hope you guys are enjoying the game as much as I am!

Edit: I'm not using steam and my version is 1.36090 

Edited by drawninnit, 25 November 2020 - 06:49 PM.

Devilking5

Devilking5

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
When i run modimporter i get error 5 and the mod is not working when i launch the game. I even have the sjson module but still it doesnt work.
Any suggestions?

ellomenop

ellomenop

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
In response to post #87313478.

Spoiler

Happy you like it!

I just fixed the issues with hammers on Arthur, Gilgamesh, Rama and Lucifer in v2.3.  Sorry for the inconvenience and let me know if you notice any issues!

ellomenop

ellomenop

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
In response to post #87501773.

Spoiler

Make sure you follow the instructions in this video guide:

Additionally check that your folders are not "Read-Only" as that may prevent the mod importer from working properly

If you are still having issue and have Discord, feel free to join the Modding Discord here:
https://discord.gg/4rrsyXNf

I'm very active there and would be happy to help troubleshoot.  Generally Error 5 is a red herring, i.e. its not actually an issue.  If the mod isn't working likely its something else with your install / file permissions.

ellomenop

ellomenop

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
In response to post #87381278.

Spoiler

Make sure you take a peek at the instructions in this video guide:

Likely your directory structure is not quite right so the importer can't do the right thing.

If you are still having issue and have Discord, feel free to join the Modding Discord here:
https://discord.gg/4rrsyXNf

I'm very active there and would be happy to help troubleshoot.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.043 seconds