I should stop answering posts!

I have to say, as I am actively modding again, that I appreciate all and any input on this forum.

It has not gone unnoticed by me that there are only about 5 or 6 active users here, willing to help. A fair few occasionals, needing advice, but only a small handful willing to try and help out.

I am totally fine you post regularly cumbrianlad. In fact, if you did not it would largely seem as though this forum was tumbleweed City!

Hmm. That's probably at the root of the problem and why I felt the need to post whimsical poetry! Yes, it does seem a tad lifeless at times!

If you have more of those poems, i would definitely add them to the mod, it's really good and it gives to the mod a pleasant break.

I use humour and poetry in my mod's books. The single piece of poetry I added was more serious than that, of course. It was meant to be poignant and I liked it. Sadly, nobody commented on it. I do have lots of my own poetry, but I'd rather write a poem specific to the mod. I need to be in the right frame of mind to write poetry of any sort. Poems about curry and underpants don't just write themselves, you know?

The saddest complaint I had about my mod was from a player who wrote... the books? TLDNR. This despite being warned on the description page that some vital clues are contained in the books... they then went on to complain that they couldn't work out how to do some things... doh! :facepalm:

Tyburnketch, do you have mods I could try?

You guys will be the first to know! I arrived late to this party and I have not released anything yet. I am just working on a house mod, centred around The Dark Brotherhood. I keep thinking I am getting close to the end game and then I manage to dive into more and more rabbit holes! Really enjoying it again atm so hopefully I can get it out there asap. Do not hold your breath though. Time to play around is pretty limited :)

If you have more of those poems, i would definitely add them to the mod, it's really good and it gives to the mod a pleasant break.

I use humour and poetry in my mod's books. The single piece of poetry I added was more serious than that, of course. It was meant to be poignant and I liked it. Sadly, nobody commented on it. I do have lots of my own poetry, but I'd rather write a poem specific to the mod. I need to be in the right frame of mind to write poetry of any sort. Poems about curry and underpants don't just write themselves, you know?

The saddest complaint I had about my mod was from a player who wrote... the books? TLDNR. This despite being warned on the description page that some vital clues are contained in the books... they then went on to complain that they couldn't work out how to do some things... doh! :facepalm:

Tyburnketch, do you have mods I could try?

"Sadly, nobody commented on it."
"they then went on to complain that they couldn't work out how to do some things... doh!"
As i have said before, modding should always and only satisfy you !, everyone else comes last.
99,99% of the players / downloaders have 'No Clue' on how a mod is created or distinguished the amount of work behind a mod.
I'll give you 2 examples with my last mod:
* First of all 99% of those that made a post on the mod's page or send me a message were more than excited and pleased by it, and i thank them a lot for their support !.
But... there were a few that complained...
1) One person complained,
"why didn't you make an open world space and put all your cells in there ?".
That particular person didn't even take the time to pay attention to the mod's story.
Or at least make a visual connection...
2) Another one was trying to convince me that he wasn't using console commands and the mod is broken !!!!.
As if there is a single chance that the player can outsmart the modder !!!????!!!!????.......
The same player was also trying to convince me that creating a follower has 100 times more work and is 100 times more hard / difficult than to create a mod like ACT II.
* Which by the way, making a custom follower is one of the simplest things you can do.
Jesus... what do you say to a person like that without been rude !, i just said "Thanks for your feedback and have a pleasant day".
Anyway, sorry... i'm just mumbling here...

Tyburnketch, look forward to it and no hurry.

I spent months on mine and months on the expansion... which is about ready to go! Yippee! :thumbsup:. I think you'll do a good job from what I've seen of your attitude and dedication. Yep, you had a theme and went with it, as did I. Mine was Thieves' Guild, yours is DB. No matter. Things do tend to snowball. I'd just say, let your imagination go with it and don't try to publish too soon. There comes a point where you have to, though. I had the second and third possible expansions to my mod in-mind and I could have kept going until it was DLC-sized before release. I had to make an end-point and go.

Maxarturo, I really do try to stop console cheats. If they use COC to get into one of my cells, none of the quest items will be available to them, unless they've hit (calculated) stages of the necessary quests. They can moan about this all they like. I don't care. If they break their game by cheating, I care not.

You know why you made an interior cell, rather than a world space. I know why I've done the opposite.

Wish I could find my 'Ode to Underpants' poem! It's somewhere. Maybe it's in my underpants?