What is the best way to create effects stacking in foods and drinks

jap2112

I am trying to add some additional features to my Marigwen's Recipe's mod. I would like to modify my food effects so that some of them can stack. As an example, if you eat a stew, but then eat another stew, the second stew will completely replace the magic effects of the first stew. However, if you eat a stew, then perhaps eat a dessert, the dessert effect will stack onto those already added by consuming the stew. I have been researching the use of "keywords" and/or creating different magic effects, but I'm not sure if that is the best way to do it. I would like to avoid scripting, because basically I don't know how to write them. But if that is the only way to do it effectively, then it might be time for me to learn. Thanks to everyone for their time.

I think stacking can be done if both affect the same thing, don't have a dispelling keyword and the Effect ArchType is Value Modifier.

So if A effect increases skill by 10 and B effect increases said skill by 10, the skill is increased by 20 in total.

What I'm not sure about is stacking by doing the same action before the duration runs out.

Like if you keep applying B effect 50 times, would that increase the skill by 50, for a total of 60(A effect + 10).

Edited by Rasikko