Pure dissapointment

royal44

Why was nexus mod manager replaced? I try to install this "vortex" , which is hidden as an afterthought at the bottom of the main web page, and it says everything bad that's going to happen to me is my fault because it was installed as an admin? I mean seriously? I don't even know how to not run it as an admin and the whole point of the manager is to make things easy.

You ruined this software. Can't wait to see what nightmares await me because I had the audacity to install the program how I would any other program, how it was presented to me.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was nexus mod manager replaced? I try to install this "vortex" , which is hidden as an afterthought at the bottom of the main web page, and it says everything bad that's going to happen to me is my fault because it was installed as an admin? I mean seriously? I don't even know how to not run it as an admin and the whole point of the manager is to make things easy.

You ruined this software. Can't wait to see what nightmares await me because I had the audacity to install the program how I would any other program, how it was presented to me.

If you had scrolled a little farther down, you could've downloaded the latest version of NMM.

I guarantee that you're trying to force Vortex to be NMM, because of bad habits brought about by NMM, and you're finding that Vortex won't let you ruin your Load Order like NMM so happily let you do.

Just let Vortex do the sorting for you, the only time you have to do something in Vortex is when it tells you there's a conflict, you don't have to manually mess around with it constantly like you do with NMM, Vortex does the work for you

I don't even know how to not run it as an admin and the whole point of the manager is to make things easy.

This part confuses me. No apps run as admin by default (unless they're meant to). I guess you could have some messed up security policy on your PC?

This *mod* manager is total s*** with name vortex, why? Because if you install first time, ALL your mods switch off why? because developers is IDIOTS! Now i must spend 4-5 hours to re enable everything in right loadorder, more over than this s*** replaced script extender with older version... Who make this logic? Who decided that mod manager must disable everything just because this mods and plugins are not installed with this s*** named vortex?

p.s. also this s#*! is using old mod manager files so, some mods was replaced with that versions from old mod manager. soo i must fully reinstall mods... developers are assholes.

Edited by xcod92

This *mod* manager is total s*** with name vortex, why? Because if you install first time, ALL your mods switch off why? because developers is IDIOTS! Now i must spend 4-5 hours to re enable everything in right loadorder, more over than this s*** replaced script extender with older version... Who make this logic? Who decided that mod manager must disable everything just because this mods and plugins are not installed with this s*** named vortex?

p.s. also this s*** is using old mod manager files so, some mods was replaced with that versions from old mod manager. soo i must fully reinstall mods... developers are assholes.

You don't need to "spend 4 - 5 hours to re-enable everything in right load order"

All you do is click on one mod or plugin, and hit CTRL + A, and then select ENABLE ALL in the white menu at the bottom.

@Pickysaurus I assume the OP has either disabled UAC or otherwise changed group policies to allow his accounts to do things that a regular account wouldn't. This check vortex does doesn't check if the account is elevated (that unfortunately would be complicated due to it being written in platform-independent node.js code), it does a duck test: "If it looks like an admin, swims like a admin, and quacks like an admin, then it probably is an admin."

@royal44 This dialog is simply a warning letting you know you may face problems further down the line - and why. You can ignore it, it won't come back. Most other software, like NMM, would have simply let you run into those problems further on and then had you look for an explanation, this warning is intended to give you more context.

And yes, Vortex is intended to make things easier, but we can't fix your system being misconfigured, we can just try to give you as much information as possible so you can fix it if necessary.

Whether you like it or not: this warning points out a problem with your system that may interfere with any mod manager, it's just that Vortex is the one that tells you about it. If you prefer to live in blissful ignorance then by all means, use NMM.

RED BUG in Skyrim (Weapons, NPCs,...) "REDOING"

Please create a small new mode for the red bugs (Weapons, NPCs, potions and others.)

What is he good at?

Who we have 100+ modes in the game. We have a problem that some weapons do not load correctly, or their texture loses its texture, or replaces them. This also applies to NPCs. And this is also a problem sometimes with the game patch or when removing modes.

Especially this new mode will help players who have 100 or 200 functional modes in the game, and allow them to start the game and play without falling. Creating a new game and putting 200 modes back into it is almost impossible. Nobody remembers it anymore and we are still glad that we put it together. That it's kind of balanced.

Therefore, this is the best best for players with many modes that work at 99% + - . And they don't want to change the whole Skyrim for 1 "red bug" weapon :D

Solution

Just a red bug with weapons, NPCs, books, potions and more. Replace with something else. To no make a bad impression in the game. Seeing a red exclamation mark in a square coming out of a house is terrible. If you replace the red bug, for example: Classic iron sword. That will look good in the game. Although every red bug weapon will look like an iron sword, we know by name that it is not an iron sword, but a bug. It's good for those who would like to repair do it themselves, so they will know. And even for those who have many modes, due to the amount no repair it.

All red bugs, both weapons and NPCs and books ... can be replaced instead by a texture, this iron ordinary sword. It will look better, it will still be known that it is a bug and it will be more Fantasy when instead of a red square "animal" a sword runs after me. Or instead of an NPC, ... still better than the red square. Talking swords are a fantasy.

If someone put in more work with it and replaced this red bug square texture even better, it could look like this:

Red Bug weapons: Iron Sword

Red Bug NPC: Normal NPC from Skyrim

Red Bug animals: Wolf

Red Bug book: Plain books

Potion Red Bug: An ordinary potion

To make these red squares, were replaced by official SKYRIM ordinary things that do not change even with mods.

If it were a problem to create it like this for more species, it would be enough to replace this red bug square with only a SWORD or even a BOOK. She can talk too. :smile: