CTD seems unsolvable - Have tried everything I can think of...

BobKat107

I'm far from being expert with this game, but not a newby either. I am very frustrated with CTD. It started after using Survival Mode when it then caused additional workshop problems. Restoring back to an earlier save before using SM solved the workshop problems. Prior to SM I had no issues.

The CTD occurs when I run/sprint. I have the "Fix Sprint" enabled in BethIni (if that matters). I do have over 100 mods installed. I have disabled most of the ones I installed of late, can't uninstall all as then my NPC loses her face!

In general I found that using "Walk" not run/sprint did not CTD. More specifically I now have narrowed now the issue. I am trying to enter Diamond City and no matter what [disabling many mods, changing to lower resolution, using Vortex and I purged mods, then redeployed them - my LOOT originally was a total mess but is now correct from the list I found online] I CTD. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game from Steam. My FO4 exe is version 1.10.163 and I'm using the latest F4SE - 0.0.6.21 which had been working just fine before SM. Not sure if it matters but the FO4 Launcher is version 1.3.22.

What is VERY INTERESTING is that Papyrus Logs are enabled and when I view them it's a nightmare to behold!!! Nothing but the following errors (one would assume with all these errors the game wouldn't load and if it did it would be a mess. It does load and my visuals are very beautiful! I load using the F4SE Launcher:

Cannot open store for class... missing file?

Unable to bind script - base types don't match.

Cannot be initialized - script no longer contains properties.

Invalid type loaded - variable will be skipped.

Unable to get type - object of this type will not be loaded.

Object attached to none...

Missing from object table - variable value will be cleared.

Then:

VM freezing

VM froze

Saving...

VM freezing

VM froze

And finally a very odd path listed that doesn't exist... C:\Users\Joe\Appdata\Local\temp\papyrus temp

Who is Joe???

I am well into the game and love what I have... had, before this CTD problem.

I have run Wrye Bash and removed/disabled any mods causing errors. I have run from FO4.exe not loading F4SE.

Well... some progress today, but still not resolved all that much. Using TESSEDIT I found dirty mods and cleaned them, about 10 all together. Using Loot I was able to update the master file. Using Papyrus logs I was able to figure out and turn off some mods that seemed suspicious - animation mods mostly, but also some SIM settlement stuff. I was not able to load my latest save after all that - it was corrupt. I went back to a saved setting from about a month ago. My NPC will need to be edited again - brown face, but I was able to shoot some zombies, Cait is still with me though she lost her hair, and I was able to run quite far and uphill. I saved a few settings along the way. But alas... for no apparent reason I turned around and CTD.

Quite enough for today... I doubt very much btw that it's my video card, a Geforce 1070, and an AMD 6300 CPU with 32 gigs of RAM. Bench tests work fine with results similar to when the game was running very well.

CTD and brown face issue resolved. I should have known it would be particular mods... specifically it appears to have been HD mods. LooksMenu Compendium LMCC and HD and not sure what else yet. I have not been able to test workstations yet, but at this time I can sprint all I want.