Need someone who's extremely well-versed in bodyslide/outfit studio

7oggle

So this has happened to me a few times now. I'm doing a CBBE to 3BBB conversion in outfit studio. The method I use is exactly the one that's posted in the description of the 3BBB download page. So there's no confusion as to what that process is:::

Open in Outfit Studio, Delete CBBE body, Add project (the SE 3BBB Amazing.osp).
"Bones" tab Delete from project if present: NPC L Breast, NPC R Breast, NPC L Breast01, NPC R Breast01
but DON'T delete: L Breast01, L Breast02, L Breast03, R Breast01, R Breast02, R Breast03
Meshes Tab, Select all armor and "Copy Bone Weights".
Then deselect all sliders except "Labiapuffyness" & "CBPC" hit CTRL + C & click ok, then Save Project.
**If you get an Unweighted Vertices warning when saving, Select all clothes, then right-click and click the Mask Weighted Vertices. **And then copy bone-weights again. At this time, run Search Radius to 9.

After I save, I open in bodyslide and this happens,

(note: this doesn't happen every time, it has only happened a few times)

I'm just wondering wtf makes this happen.

Clipboard01.png

Now when I open it back up in outfit studio it looks normal, thats what really confuses me. I have launched the game and it looks the same in the game as is it does in the picture, I'm really shocked it didn't spit out a CTD but it didn't. It just looks all weird and distorted like in the image.. I'm at a total loss.

• 2 months later...

You don't have to copy the bone weight of the entire outfit/.nif file.

*In Outfit Studio* *For the weight part*

When you try to save the project, it will tell you which mesh/part of that .nif file in the 'Meshes' tab has unweighted vertices.

Then, select that part of the outfit/.nif file.

Go to Tool>Clear Mask

Then right-click on that mesh/part of the outfit/.nif file in the 'Meshes' tab and select Mask Weighted Vertices.

The weighted vertices/area should be in black-coloured masking by default (unless you changed the colour),

Look for unmasked/un-coloured area of the selected mesh/part.

Then, go to the 'Bones' tab which is next to the 'Meshes' tab on the top-right corner of Outfit Studio window.

Look for and select any of the bone in the 'Bones' tab that is closest to the unmasked/un-coloured (black by default) area of vertices.

Then, select the weight brush ( it should be automatically selected for you by default when you click on one of the bone in the 'Bones' tab)

When you paint with the weight brush, the colour applied by the brush should be within the colour spectrum (Any other colours EXCLUDING black and white).

Now, you can select 'Fixed weight brush' or 'Normalize weight' but NOT both before you paint.

After that, just paint the unmasked/unweighted area of the bone.

Hope I can help.

Did you selected the 'SE 3BBB Amazing.osp' in the 'Meshes' tab and set it as as reference?

"Bones" tab Delete from project if present: NPC L Breast, NPC R Breast, NPC L Breast01, NPC R Breast01

but DON'T delete: L Breast01, L Breast02, L Breast03, R Breast01, R Breast02, R Breast0

So it's telling you to delete everything in the 'Bones' tab except (L Breast01, L Breast02, L Breast03, R Breast01, R Breast02, R Breast0)?

This is a bone/weight-related problem.

Edited by yeoericeric