I need a tweak on a Nathaniel mod please!

Nyethux

Ok so I'm in love with this Nathaniel Howe face redesign from the mod A Milder Nathaniel by Karsciyin, link: https://www.nexusmod...tab=description

Specifically I like the Mild version. But it also changes his hair color. It's using the darkest black hair color from Pineappletree's Vibrant Colors instead of his base black. In the description it says that mod is optional but when installed without it, the hair appears white, only installing the Vibrant Colors together makes it black again. Two issues: it's too black for my taste, but more importantly, some random white lines appear in his hair with this new color. I tried ignoring them but it gets unplayable for me. As far as I know, that should be a simple tweak on the toolset, but I never managed to be able to use the toolset so my hands are tied and the mod author doesn't seem to be active anymore.

What I'm asking is: could someone get the file from that mod and remove the new hair color so that Nathaniel gets his base color back? Meaning only keeping the changes in the face and leaving everything else intact? I'd appreciate it so much since Nate is one of my favorite characters! Thank you!! <3

Unfortunately, it would be a violation of the Nexus TOS for someone to edit the file and post it for you.

The edits you want made are really simple to do, though, and best all, they don't require the toolset! Here's how you can tweak the file yourself:

First, download and install pyGFF.

Open the morph you want to edit with pyGFF.

Expand the MORPH_TINTFILENAMES tree.

(To edit information, click on/highlight the line to be edited. Then make your edit in the Edit box at the lower left, and hit Save at the very bottom after editing. If you don't click on Save after each change, you will lose your work!)

Change Line 3 from 'pt_har_bk4' to 't3_har_blk'. (No quotes!) Hit Save!

Change Line 11 from 't1_stbpt_har_bk4' to 't1_stb_blk'. (Again, no quotes and don't forget to hit Save!)

If you want to change the tint used for facial stubble back to the vanilla tint as well, then edit Line 10 from 'pt_stb_bk4' to 't1_stb_blk'. Otherwise, you are done editing and all you need to to is click File>Save as>hm_gxa000fl_nathaniel.mor... and you should be good to go.

Edited by theskymoves

To clarify something tsm said, it would be a violation of the TaP to make changes to someone else's mod and upload the new file here... UNLESS the person doing that obtained permission from the original mod author first.

With permission, it would be fine. :thumbsup:

To clarify something tsm said, it would be a violation of the TaP to make changes to someone else's mod and upload the new file here... UNLESS the person doing that obtained permission from the original mod author first.

Thanks for the clarification, Thandal. My brain went: mod creator last active 5 years ago > asking for variant/perms is probably pointless, and immediately moved on to How to do the Thing. :facepalm:

*slinks back to playing unmoddable games*

Edited by theskymoves

Unfortunately, it would be a violation of the Nexus TOS for someone to edit the file and post it for you.

The edits you want made are really simple to do, though, and best all, they don't require the toolset! Here's how you can tweak the file yourself:

(To edit information, click on/highlight the line to be edited. Then make your edit in the Edit box at the lower left, and hit Save at the very bottom after editing. If you don't click on Save after each change, you will lose your work!)

Change Line 11 from 't1_stbpt_har_bk4' to 't1_stb_blk'. (Again, no quotes and don't forget to hit Save!)

If you want to change the tint used for facial stubble back to the vanilla tint as well, then edit Line 10 from 'pt_stb_bk4' to 't1_stb_blk'. Otherwise, you are done editing and all you need to to is click File>Save as>hm_gxa000fl_nathaniel.mor... and you should be good to go.

Oh, wow! I had no idea it was against the TOS, but I bet it would have been so much easier for you to just do it. And yet you took the time to explain step by step how to do it myself! So thank you so much! Just tested it, and it works too :D now if only I could romance Nate, it'd be perfect :P

Seriously though, not only did you give me the tools to make him look exactly how I wanted, you also showed me how to do it with other mods so I can now further customize my game to my taste. I don't know how to express my gratitude :D

Oh, I understand how it works then. Thank you for the clarification. It's just complicated when the mod creator is absent and I thought there would be no harm since I was crediting them and all that, but I understand. It's been solved anyways ^^

• 2 years later...

Nathaniel had completely white hair and facial hair in my game and this helped me fix it. Even if it's 3 years later, thank you so much @theskymoves, Maker bless you!