[LE] Displays Problems

Hi all,

I'm in the process of adding displays in my home. I plan to put almost all discoveries on displays but I ran in a couple of problems that I hope you'll be able to help me.

First problem is when I get in my home, some of my displays are not were they supposed to be. For example, I made a board with all the amulets of the games. Sometimes they are in place and sometimes they are all over the place. I've checked the not havok option and also put the script havok. First and second option of that script left it empty. Why the amulets don't stay at there places ??

Second problem is some items can be on display and others don't. For example, I've put the "Pelagius Hip Bone" on display and is working perfectly. I've put the Torygg's War Horn on display and is not working. Can't even see the activate message when I look at it. Why is that ?

Thanks for your help.

:)

1st issue)

Have you made static versions for all your "Displayed Objects" ?, statics don't need havok scripts.

If you have too many havok sensitive objects in one cell, some of those havok scripts may not fire correctly on cell load, this depends on how strong your PC is and if the system resources are available / reset or not, and how the game engine will occasionally respond / react.

For example :

If the previous cells you had visited have unloaded / reset / remove from the system's memory.

When it comes to making big display rooms (if you are making one) you need to cut down every single unnecessary function and optimize as far as possible everything.

For example :

10 displayed objects will have 20 scripts which 10 of them (havok scripts) will fire every time you enter that cell.

Those 10 displayed objects will also have 10 'Activators', as a result 20 objects in total.

Now we do the math and without optimizing the displays the results is = those 10 objects are handling / managing / assigned... etc, 40.

Static object don't get affected by the collision of other object as others do.

For example :

On cell load the havok sensitive object will be moved by the game if a collision of another object is "harassing it", in some 'random' cases the moved of the object may fire first and then the havok script, as a result the object will 'spawn' in a different place.

2nd issue)

Be sure that you have assign the correct and corresponding script's properties targeting that 'Disabled Object'.

It will help a lot posting all your display scripts for checking on possible errors.

* Also do not use a 'Save File' to test your displays that has seen your mod.

I hope it helps.

Edited by maxarturo

Okay I understand better know. I will reduce to a minimum the havoc scripts to start with but....If I make a static of an item that is unique, like the Torygg's War Horn, when I have that item in my inventory, it will not display cause the script waits to have the Static version instead of the real item wich is not available in the game, I just made it...Don't know if I explain well lolll

When I choose the item for the activator, I would choose the static I just made but it is not in the game, the one in the game is not the static that I just made but the real thing....

I'm french, hope I explain correctly :smile:

EDIT 1:

Just made a Static version of the Torygg War Horn and when I go in the script to choose it, It's not in the list. I choose Display Misc Objects....and for the amulets, they are not static, all is armor.

Edited by Droopy2016

"If I make a static of an item that is unique, like the Torygg's War Horn, when I have that item in my inventory, it will not display cause the script waits to have the Static version instead of the real item wich is not available in the game, I just made it...Don't know if I explain well lolll"

The 'Static Version' of the item you will display is not for the player, but is the object that the 'Display Script' will enable and it's 'Initially Disabled' in its display (where is going to be shown).

I have in the mod i recently released a room that has over 100 collectible objects, all of those displays have 'Static Versions' of the in-game collectible that the display script will enable once you activate it and you have the corresponding item in your inventory (that will be removed), or disable the 'Static Version' if you want to retrieve the item (get it back).

* None of those object have a 'Havok Script'.

Imagine 100+ objects firing the 'Havok Scripts' each time you enter that room, it would be chaos all over the place !!!.

"When I choose the item for the activator, I would choose the static I just made but it is not in the game, the one in the game is not the static that I just made but the real thing...."

From what you wrote i can understand you haven't completly comprehend how a "Display Collectible" works, hopefully my previous response made it more clear.

* If you haven't fully understand it yet, i would recommend that you find some video tutorials about this, there should be plenty out there.

Or don't hesitate to ask for more info.

Have a happy modding.

Edited by maxarturo

Okay this is how I understand it.

First I place my static version and check Initialy disable.

Second I make an activator. Then in the activator, I add a script "DIsplay script object". In that script I have to choose the item that the activator will activate and put it visible wich is the static version I made but I have to choose it in the list but my item is not in the list.

Can you give me a link for your mod. Maybe I could go in and look at what you did ??

Thanks for your time and help.

I'm currently updating the mod and it's not available right now, but even if you did have it, it wouldn't help you help understand it , since my "Display Collectible" work in a completely different way, plus they are attached to the cell's puzzle and... etc, too much to explain and nothing that might interest you.

Only by playing it you can understand / see how they actually work, but ACT II (the mod we are talking about) needs at least 4 days playing it to reach to that point where the 'Display Room' can be accessible and it's fully functional.

* Just 'COC' to that cell won't work because other previous things needs to be completed first in order for that cell to be operational.

// ................... // ................... //

Anyway, to your issue.

"First I place my static version and check Initialy disable.

Second I make an activator. Then in the activator, I add a script "DIsplay script object"."

- Until this point you are correct and you got it right.

"In that script I have to choose the item that the activator will activate and put it visible wich is the static version I made but I have to choose it in the list but my item is not in the list."

- The easiest way to make you understand this, except from watching video tutorials, is to post your scripts or at least 1 of your scripts, then i can write explanations on 'What Does What' in that script and how they are assigned in CK.

* You should have at least 5 different scripts for all your "Display Collectible", plus 1 for the "Miraak's Mask".

Or 1 huge "Master Controller Script" for everything, all items, all functions, all activators.

Edited by maxarturo

Well I can't send the script cause I can't edit the source !!! the name of the script is display_miscobject_script.pex.

I've gone into game and I don't even see the Activate message when I'm in front of my item. pffffffff

It's the "Clawtoplace" thing, don't see my static one. Oh boyyyyyy getting a headack (if it spells like that loll ).

And I can't find a tutorial, everytime I make a search on display items tutorial, it gives me the one with display rack...grrrrr

In that script there should be an 'ObjectReference' that when it is selected then you press the "Select From Render Window" and with your mouse you click on the 'Static Object'.

If you still haven't understand it, then take a 'Screenshot' of the script's property, poste here and i will explain you 'What Does What'.

The script is either missing a 'Property' or,

Try this :

1) Select your 'MiscObject'.

2) Optional. Add your 'You don't have the required item to display" message.

3) Press 'Ok'.

4) From your 'Render Window' select and double click the "Ah_ToyggWarHornACT" and got the "Link Reference" tab.

Now "Link Ref" the activator to the "Initialy Disabled" pre placed static.

5) Test it.

* If it's still not working, then there is a big possibility that the script is not working, but to be sure i need to see the script.

If the script is not working i can provide you with some "Display Collectible Scripts".