Morrowind Mods installed/enabled but dont work

khornebread

Vortex version 1.2.20 Morrowind 1 mod (had 12 but same problem with those so cut back to one for diagnostic) Windows 10, 32 GB RAM x64

Morrowind Mod Real Signposts is installed and enabled and did deploy it, no error messages. Plugins tab (see attachmet) shows it is disabled but there is no green button to enable them or buttons at the top (autosort enabled, sort now, manage rules… like there is when I switch to Skyrim). Bloodmoon, Morrowind and Tribunal are enabled.

Game and mod folder is on the D drive, Morrowind mod folder is in the Vortex Mods directory right next to Skyrim SE (which works), Mods staging folder is d:\Vortex Mods\(game), game folder is in same folder as Skyrim SE

Morrowind runs fine but the mods never show up. Vortex and Morrowind show no error messages. Went through the tutorial carefully but I am missing the problem.

So you Enabled and Deployed the the Mod on the MOD tab, but the plugin is saying Disabled.

Hmmm

Go to the EXTENSIONS Tab, and make sure ALL of these are enabled

Gamebryo Archive Invalidation
​Gamebryo Ba2 Support
​Gamebryo Bsa Support
​Gamebryo Plugin Indexlock
​Gamebryo Plugin Management
​Gamebryo Savegame Management
​Gamebryo Test Settings

Morrowind is in the same folder as Skyrim...

meaning Steam\steamapps\common\

This is weird, you aren't using Windows Defender are you?

I just checked mine, and the Morrowind esps are showing up as enabled, so there's something on your system preventing them from showing up properly.

Have you tried reinstalling Vortex with your AV turned off?
If you use Windows Defender turn off "Controlled Folder Access" and try resinstalling

For Morrowind, Vortex uses drag-and-drop sorting and enabling of plugins.

This means, to enable a plugin, you drag-and-drop it from "disabled" half of screen to the "enabled" half of screen.

Similarly, to disable a plugin, you drag-and-drop it from "enabled" half of screen to "disabled" half of screen.

To change order of enabled plugins, you drag-and-drop a plugin above or below the other plugin(s).

I do have windows Defender and I missed the drag and drop Rattledagger mentioned. I dragged the Better Signposts over and ran it. It gave me an error message about the "correct version of the master fie" but the mod worked! I enabled the other 11 similarly and crashed Morrowind. I am going to try HadToRegister suggestions and see how it goes. Thank you for all your help!