Make ammo that works like the ammo for the "syringer-rifle". How?

Good evening everybody!

Probably all of you know this awsome mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/39781

It adds bows to FO4, with different craftable arrows.

What I want to do is this:

Create a mod that allows the player to craft different "non-lethal" "arrows" that work like the syringes for the syringer-rifle.

(So the do no damage, but apply different effects to the target.)

Or just make this bow be able to use the actual syringer-ammo.

But I can't figure out how the "syringer rifle" does this.

My initial idea was to just copy the different syringer ammo types, but they are not really "ammo", they are like MISC objects that you put into the "container" of the syringer rifle (when "reloading" that weapon).

I am just confused on how the whole "syringer rifle" thing works in terms of how it is actually implemented.

I mean I could write a script that applys an effect "onHit", but that does not seem to be how the "syringer rifle" works, because there are no scripts attatched to that weapon ...

I think the scripts are applied to the projectile...... which is likely a property of the ammo...... :smile:

So, I think it works like this:

The thing you craft at a chemstation is a constructible object, that gives the player a "potion" item that can be loaded in the "inventory" of the syringer.

Depening on what gets loaded "into" the "syringer container", a different script gets "applied" to the actual "projectile" that gets fired.

And that script then "activates" a MagicEffect on the target. (OnHit event ...)

Right?

Not possible, the Syringer and Junk Jet both use hard-coded, non-extensible special handling at the engine level. See the AmmoSyringer_DO, KeywordSyringer_DO and ObjectTypeSyringerAmmo_DO Default Objects, as well as AmmoJunkJet_DO, KeywordJunkJet_DO and NotJunkJetAmmo_DO.

You could certainly make something share the Syringer ammo types, and add additional Syringer ammo if you wanted to, just look at the forms hooked up to the DFOBs and make sure you have the appropriate keywords on the new weapon/ammo.

If you wanted a totally separate set of ammo from the default Syringer, it may very well be possible to set up a different set of keywords, and use F4SE to fiddle with the DFOBs, like via OnEquipped on a script attached to the weapon or something:

https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=DefaultObject_Script

Just make sure to set the Default Objects back to their original forms when you're done, otherwise you'll break the Syringer.

Oh come on ....

Not another "hard coded thing" ....

Ok, well, I think I won't mess with that then.

I will just do it like this:

Make a OMOD for each type of "syringer effect". Each one of thsoe OMODs will set the "damage" to 0 and just apply a "MagicEffect" on the target.

Would something like that be possible with a OMOD? I mean the "set damage to 0" thing ... ?

Make a OMOD for each type of "syringer effect". Each one of thsoe OMODs will set the "damage" to 0 and just apply a "MagicEffect" on the target.

Would something like that be possible with a OMOD? I mean the "set damage to 0" thing ... ?

Yes, you should be able to set attack damage to 0 with a property modifier. Then add an enchantment with a magic effect. But don't use the magic effects directly from the syringe ammo. They usually have Delivery set to "Self", while in your case you have to set it to "Contact". I guess syringe ammo works as though the target injects himself with it. Duplicate the effect and set Casting type to "Fire and Forget" and Delivery to "Contact". Then add the magic effect to the enchantment and match the same Magnitude and Duration as the ones from the syringe ammo. Try and see if this will work.

Yes, you should be able to set attack damage to 0 with a property modifier. Then add an enchantment with a magic effect. But don't use the magic effects directly from the syringe ammo. They usually have Delivery set to "Self", while in your case you have to set it to "Contact". I guess syringe ammo works as though the target injects himself with it. Duplicate the effect and set Casting type to "Fire and Forget" and Delivery to "Contact". Then add the magic effect to the enchantment and match the same Magnitude and Duration as the ones from the syringe ammo. Try and see if this will work.

Ok, sound simple enough ...

I will try it as soon as I can ...

Thanks!

Ok, so I think I ran into a problem:

On the CK wiki article about OMODs, it says this:

peEnchantments: Allows you to pick an enchantment that contains additional magic effects to be added to this mod. This allows you to have multiple enchantments on an object. Probably only valid with ADD. Select your enchant with the Form dropdown. Enchants should be of type Constant Effect, Self.

So would this attatched effect still be applied to the target, even if it has the type "self"?

So ....

i have been messing around a bit and I got part of this to work.

I can now fire arrows form that bow that do "no real damage".

i also made them "selectable" through the "ammo selction menu" that that weapon mod has ...

Now I just need to get the different effects (pacify, frenzy, ...) to work ...

When in doubt, check the Fallout4.esm, how Bethesda did it. That's how I learn some of the stuff. In the Enchantment window, Casting and Delivery are greyed out and can't be changed. Here is what I think. The magic effects that you add to the Enchantment, must have the same Casting and Delivery type. The Enchantment inherits those types from the magic effects. Casting->Constant and Delivery->Self are mostly used in Enchantments for armors and clothes. For weapons you can use these types, but only to apply some magic effect to the character, who has the weapon equipped. You need to use Casting->Fire and Forget and Delivery->Contact, if you want to apply magic effects to a target.