Baffled by texture set on DB hand wraps. 1st person problem.

Hello.

Edit 3: Consider this closed, but read if you like I'll add another thread now I know what's going on! read this if you like, but I'd done nothing wrong... the issue is bad coding in the game engine... groan... yes, another Bethesda game engine bug!

I made a texture set for the Dark Brotherhood shrouded hand wraps, to change from maroon to cyan colour.

I then set up the armour with male and female world models pointing to the hand wrap mesh with my alternate texture set added.

I made an Armour Addon and copy pasted the correct meshes into each of the 4 required models and gave them my alternative texture set. See image. All previews in both the armour addon and armour forms show my glove colour.

In game, the hand wraps are perfect in third person, but in first person, when you draw a weapon or go to cast a spell, the wraps in front of your eyes are the original DB maroon colour. What am I missing?

Edit: I found a thread where someone else had an identical problem. It seems as though there is a problem in the game engine whereby there is an error in the code for Armor Addon forms that prevents alternate textures from loading for female 1st person, only. My test character was female. I'll do a quick couple of tests for new male and female characters and report back.

Edit 2: Quickest test ever, but totally conclusive. Male character works fine in both camera views, female character fails in 1st person again. So it's yet another Bethesda game engine bug. The question now is what to do for the best for my players. I either lumber them with dozens of unnecessary nif files (I noticed the same issue applies to the armour), or I ask them to download and use SSE Engine Fixes.