Heavy Traffic ×

New Gaming Laptop Advice

Will the HP Omen 17.3” i7-9750H Laptop (12GB RAM/ 128GB SSD+1TB HDD/ GTX 1660Ti/ Win 10) be able to play Skyrin SE? i am not really tech savy yet copied what the laptop is supposed to have. I figured I better ask before I purchase it.

Intel Core i7-9750H(2b), 6-Core
Processor speed 2.6 GHz base frequency, up to 4.5 GHz base with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
Processor cache 12 MB cache
Memory 12 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB, 1 x 8 GB)
Video graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated)
Internal storage 1 TB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive(4b)
128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive
Please advise

Yes, it will run the game quite well, if you want it to run even better, opt for a larger NVME drive, and install your games there as well. (just, NOT in the Program Files folders......) NVME are SCREAMIN' fast. :D In Oldrim, there are virtually NO loading screens on interior/exterior switch, it happens in just a few seconds. It's awesome. I wish I could same the same for FO4...... but, it just can't seem to manage it.

your memory configuration seems to be suboptimal. for full speed you need a pair of same sized and compatible memory banks. but even with this configuration sse will run at least in fullhd

your memory configuration seems to be suboptimal. for full speed you need a pair of same sized and compatible memory banks. but even with this configuration sse will run at least in fullhd

Gotta agree with this assessment. Go for two 8 gig sticks.

I should also ask what memory should I get for that laptop if I purchased it? There are so many different ones, I am not sure which is compatible with it. I do not wish to purchase something and then find out it will not work.

Also, if I got a NVME drive, which one should I get? For the same reasons as the memory, I am not sure what will be compatible. Sorry I am not that tech savy.

I believe the memory sticks I need to get are DDR4 PC4-21300 2666MHz 260 pin Sodimm.

Yet i am still not sure about the NVME drive.

Brand doesn't really matter. Crucial, Sony, Samsung, Western Digital are all pretty decent. If you customize the machine when you order it, the manufacturer will install the right stuff, and you can be assured it will be compatible.