Editing starting party Breakdown

armorgamesmfa

Hello =)

I know there is a way to edit the starting enclave (just Lily and a random character) and not only add more characters, but cherry pick them too. For example, lets say that you create a custom character in the "0 GENERIC Vitaly Marchenko" spot, you can edit that file so it will spawn that character with Lily (or add more characters, generic or heroes).

But, I don't remember the file to edit (I guess it have to be the expertise one, but I can't find where, and I can't find where I took the information to do that (it was probably the now offline undead labs, but maybe not).

If anyone remembers or have the information to edit the starting party, I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you ^^.

By adding the character I want (lets say 0 GENERIC Vitaly Marchenko) in line 25 of the rtsevents file, I can make it appear in the starting enclave (which is in the Ranger Station), but that is still not what I want.

This add the character near Lily, but I still start with another random character.

I guess I could continue the game and switch to the custom one whenever I can, but I would like to directly start with the character I want.

The added character doesn't start as friend. If I can figure that I should be able to switch it at the begining (well, previous to a teleport to the Ranger Station) and it will also be an easy solution.

I will continue experimenting. Any help will be appreciated =).

Edited by armorgamesmfa

Read it again and look for the details:

Start character is always the last one. (Because of <Actor_SetAsPlayer ActorIndex="6" />)

For the others, at 100 trust they are a friend, so you can modify:

<Actor_AddTrust ActorIndex="5" DisableBonus="false" Trust="30" />

or just

<Actor_AddToFamily ActorIndex="3" />

If you remove any, so that it is only Lily and the start character, Lily is the Trait.Story.Command and the next character would be ActorIndex 3

Edited by qmjs

I am trying to modify the starting party of the first level of Breakdown. And this is where I think is the problem.

I managed to only start a game with two custom characters + Lily.... But I get no playable character. One of my customs appear where the game start, but I have no control and just run away in direction to the base. I fixed that, but was still funny.

Now I managed to start the game with who I wanted to start (it was just a matter of matching the ActorIndex from Actor_SetAsPlayer and Actor_TelepoertTo) and a second custom character. Another random still appears, and neither that character nor my other custom is a friend. This line:

<Actor_AddTrust ActorIndex="5" DisableBonus="false" Trust="30" />

is not on the initial outpost of the first level of Breakdown, and if I change

<Actor_AddToFamily ActorIndex="3" />

I don't have a playable character anymore.

Turns out, I can add the line

<Actor_AddTrust ActorIndex="5" DisableBonus="false" Trust="100" />

and it will solve the problem about the second custom being friend.

Now all my problems are not solved, but I can play with both from the begining (and I guess I will sacrifice that random later for Jacob Ritter or Erik Tan).

This is the code now (lines 17 to 53):

<Actions>

<Action ActionFlags="" ActionId="InitTutorial" ActionType="Action.Background" ExecuteTimeStandard="0.0" OutputDelayTime="0.0" PauseWhenOffline="">
<RTSActionIcon Name="" Id="" />
<NameText Flags="" Notes="" Text="" />
<Actors>
<Enclave ActorFlags="Spawn" ActorName="Enclave.Home_Sandbox" EnclaveStat="" HideWarnings="" Optional="" />
<TagPoint ActorName="" HideWarnings="" NearActorIdx="-1" Optional="" PickRandom="True" SearchRange="0" TagPointFlag="" TagPointType="SandboxSpawn" />
<Character ActorFlags="FindOrSpawn" ActorName="" ActorTask="" ActorTraits="!Trait.Meta.Story, !Trait.Status.NotPlayable, !Trait.Behavior.NeverPlayable" FunctionTags="" HideWarnings="" Optional="" TargetEnclave="" />
Actor3 <Character ActorFlags="FindOrSpawn" ActorName="182 GENERIC Vienna Cho" ActorTask="" ActorTraits="" FunctionTags="Female, Npc" HideWarnings="" Optional="" TargetEnclave="" />
Actor4 <Character ActorFlags="FindOrSpawn" ActorName="8 GENERIC Aya Brea" ActorTask="" ActorTraits="" FunctionTags="Female, Npc" HideWarnings="" Optional="" TargetEnclave="" />
</Actors>
<Alts />
<Effects />
<Inputs />
<Outputs>
<Console_Command Command="LOG: InitTutorial" />
<Console_Command Command="LOG: ==== InitSandbox ====" />
<ExecuteAction ActionId="InitConsts" />
<RTSStat_SetBool DurationCancellable="" OutputAmount="false" OutputDuration="" OutputId="Game.Tutorial" PauseWhenOffline="" />
<RTSStat_SetBool DurationCancellable="" OutputAmount="true" OutputDuration="" OutputId="Game.Sandbox" PauseWhenOffline="" />
<RTSStat_Set DurationCancellable="" OutputAmount="8" OutputDuration="" OutputId="Game.StartTimeOfDay" PauseWhenOffline="" />
<ChangeState ActorIndex="0" Silent="false" State="Sandbox_LoneWolf_Initialize" />
<RTSStat_SetBool DurationCancellable="" OutputAmount="false" OutputDuration="" OutputId="Game.NoSave" PauseWhenOffline="" />
<RTSStat_SetBool DurationCancellable="" OutputAmount="true" OutputDuration="" OutputId="Game.RTS.HideHome" PauseWhenOffline="" />
<RTSStat_SetBool DurationCancellable="" OutputAmount="true" OutputDuration="" OutputId="Sandbox.Scenario.NewAdvanced" PauseWhenOffline="" />
<RTSStat_SetBool DurationCancellable="" OutputAmount="true" OutputDuration="" OutputId="Sandbox.Drifter.NeverHadHome" PauseWhenOffline="" />
<RTSStat_Set DurationCancellable="" OutputAmount="1" OutputDuration="" OutputId="Sandbox.ScoreMultiplier" PauseWhenOffline="" />
<Actor_AddToFamily ActorIndex="4" />
<Actor_AddTrust ActorIndex="3" DisableBonus="false" Trust="100" />
<Actor_AddTrust ActorIndex="2" DisableBonus="false" Trust="100" />
<Actor_AddTrust ActorIndex="1" DisableBonus="false" Trust="100" />
<Actor_SetAsPlayer ActorIndex="4" />
<Actor_TeleportTo ActorIndex="4" TargetIndex="1" xRelativeOffset="0" yRelativeOffset="0" />
<RespawnPointOverride ActorIndex="1" TagPoint="" />
<EventTrigger Event="SandboxEvent.CallUber" />
</Outputs>
</Action>
Thank you for your help =).
If someone is going to use that code, remember to modify "8 GENERIC Aya Brea", which is something I changed in the Characters file.
Edited by armorgamesmfa