Good money sink? Equipment degradation? Broken loots?

Kreyd

When playing I scavange everything, I just can't help it and the crazy abudance of loot and weapon in Fallout 4 make you rich very fast.
I play in Survival and with like 2 or 3 different compatible mods that reduce the loot : stimpack, chem, ammo etc. But in the end it won't reduce loot from the NPC I kill, and in Fallout 4 you KILL A LOT! (way too much imo but it's no the subject.)

So i'm wondering if there is somekind of light mod, not too script heavy that manage to create an immersive money sink.

I checked weapon or armor degradation mods and I was very surprised and finding almost nothing, while it would make a lot of sense to loot just killed NPC with damaged equipmement since we just shooted them.

If half of the NPC equipment was broken I won't pick it up, even if the price if very low dependeing on the weight.

Also with all the scrap, craft, workbench, in the game that are implemented why there is no "scrap armor", "scrap weapon" for a repair option?

I think having to scrap loot to repair your equipment instead of selling those 10 pipegun make a lot more sense.
This could also be a simple money sink that are provided by weapon merchant or on workbench, depending on the damage your equipment has taken you'll need to pay some caps to get it repaired.

Anyway you get the idea, I'm just surprised and confused to see so many people playing in Survival, the amont of mods and option to customise it, while the money and loot in Fallout 4 after 10-15hours is a huge problem who seems yet to have been adressed.

I remember seeing a mod that added weapon/armor degradation, but, it was a beta release, had some interesting requirements, and wasn't the most stable....... No idea if they are still working on it or not. (I seem to recall it hadn't been updated for quite some time.....)

Beth games are notorious for making it very easy to get incredibly rich...... All the way back to Morrowind. (and maybe even earlier.....) So far, I haven't seen any mods designed as money pits for FO4.

I totally concur with you, OP. It's such a pity that you cannot control the weapons and armor loot by leveled lists, like the rest of the stuff. And it's so sad that there are not more degradation mods available.

I use a mod which destroys weapons and armor when they take a certain damage plus with a certain random factor, but this mod is gone from the Internet, and it is presumably not lite on the scripts; it only works on the player and does not affect the loot, so you still could get rich (I battle this with very high sale/buy relations and very high ammo costs). But the mod Damn Apocalypse https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/33812 has an interesting system at least for looted weapons, as they have introduced broken weapons which you find randomly instead of the vanilla weapons. I can recommend this mod highly although I only use parts of it (like the spoiled fruits feature and the ingenious lockpick settings) as I'm more or less a left over FLO guy.

I also like some nice money sinks in my game.

The Cheat Terminal mod comes with 3 unlock-nearest potions which you can give yourself freely.

However, I added them to a shop and made them heavy and expensive. If I wanna unlock a door, container or terminal, it's gonna cost me every time. And I have to tactically carry only a few unlocks, because they're so heavy, I can't just carry a million, even if I could afford to buy a million. No endless, meaningless Bobby Pins for me. It's pays off though, because I don't have to deal with the Lockpicking Game (which I hate) or the Terminal Hacking game. It just instantly unlocks with one expensive click. And I have to choose what I will or won't unlock - the treasure inside might not be worth more than the Unlocker. These Unlockers don't show up anywhere else in game, they -must- be bought.