Crash when entering concord

krodger

I have searched the internet, but can find nothing. Even on a vanilla game, my game crashes when getting anywhere near concord. I disabled every mod, thinking I would just enable them one by one if I had to, and when I approached Concord, my game still crashed. I don't know what to do anymore. Any ideas?

This was never a problem with previous installs, mods or not. It only started happening on my last install, and verifying files does nothing.

You might just have to do a reinstall fresh game, had that problem when ever I got near CIT, also maybe shut down anti virus and see if that is interfering, I know it's sounds silly but you never know. If you decide to do a fresh install make sure you uninstall all your mods then reinstall them. So delete all folders except the mods folder and put them aside.

You might just have to do a reinstall fresh game, had that problem when ever I got near CIT, also maybe shut down anti virus and see if that is interfering, I know it's sounds silly but you never know. If you decide to do a fresh install make sure you uninstall all your mods then reinstall them. So delete all folders except the mods folder and put them aside.

This didn't work

I've had crashing issues in that area myself, though not consistent, it happens pretty frequently. Mods or no mods....including walking from red rocket to Abernathy Farm. Just before the water tower.

I don't have many issues elsewhere, but I am incapable of approaching concord from any direction. It isn't necessarily a game breaker for me, but it is frustrating.

From any direction? What worked for me was instead of walking down the main road in Concord, I skirted the main drag on the westerly side...down from the cave....to right before the area where the bloodbug spawns and cut into Concord proper from there. For me, that crash only happens at the very first entry into concord. The game does, however, crash occasionally in other area's in the same cell(S) ...no matter how far into the game I actually am.
Good luck.

From any direction? What worked for me was instead of walking down the main road in Concord, I skirted the main drag on the westerly side...down from the cave....to right before the area where the bloodbug spawns and cut into Concord proper from there. For me, that crash only happens at the very first entry into concord. The game does, however, crash occasionally in other area's in the same cell(S) ...no matter how far into the game I actually am.

Good luck.

yeah. North, South, East, or West, even a little southwest. Can't even console command myself there.

Hmm. Consistent crashes, even on an entirely unmodded new game?

I'm sure plenty of us have had issues like that. I remember being completely unable to go anywhere near Corvega for what felt like forever in my unmodded game. I still don't entirely know what the problem was - but eventually I had stayed away from the cells long enough that the cells reset - and I was able to go there just fine again.

So all I can suggest is to go into the bunker at Sanctuary and pass time until your world's cells reset. See if that helps.

I know you shouldn't have to do that on a new game, but it might help.

If you're not playing Survival Mode, you'll have to pass 20 days. If you ARE playing Survival Mode, you'll have to pass 80 days.

Of course, you can use console commands to alter those values. Make cells reset after 1 in-game day, for example.

Also, how full is your Saves folder? Empty it out if it's full of different character save files.

And are you playing with Tunnel Snakes Rule Creation Club mod installed?

You said you did this with no mods, but does that include Creation Club content?

Those are mods, too. Tunnel Snakes is particularly troublesome at the start of new games.

Hmm. Consistent crashes, even on an entirely unmodded new game?

I'm sure plenty of us have had issues like that. I remember being completely unable to go anywhere near Corvega for what felt like forever in my unmodded game. I still don't entirely know what the problem was - but eventually I had stayed away from the cells long enough that the cells reset - and I was able to go there just fine again.

So all I can suggest is to go into the bunker at Sanctuary and pass time until your world's cells reset. See if that helps.

I know you shouldn't have to do that on a new game, but it might help.

If you're not playing Survival Mode, you'll have to pass 20 days. If you ARE playing Survival Mode, you'll have to pass 80 days.

Of course, you can use console commands to alter those values. Make cells reset after 1 in-game day, for example.

Also, how full is your Saves folder? Empty it out if it's full of different character save files.

And are you playing with Tunnel Snakes Rule Creation Club mod installed?

You said you did this with no mods, but does that include Creation Club content?

Those are mods, too. Tunnel Snakes is particularly troublesome at the start of new games.

I'm not sure about my saves file. I will check. No CC content. I'm not paying for that crap.

You may be having some boundary issues. You have Expanded Settlements? Many problems reported with that one. Disabling the mod doesn't necessarily change the boundaries.

Also, some mods that are really cool by themselves, like Beantown Interiors, may have conflicts with each other. If you have Beantown Interiors, I would uninstall it completely.