Crash when entering concord

krodger

had such an issue and a npc overhaul was the reason. i'm no exatctly sure which one its was. but it raised ctd at this place.

you may try disabling all mods related with overhauling npc.

You may be having some boundary issues. You have Expanded Settlements? Many problems reported with that one. Disabling the mod doesn't necessarily change the boundaries.

Also, some mods that are really cool by themselves, like Beantown Interiors, may have conflicts with each other. If you have Beantown Interiors, I would uninstall it completely.

Even completely unmodded, I have this problem.

I was waiting for you to report back with whether you cleared out your Saves folder, or if waiting in the bunker and passing time had any effect.

But i'll just assume that neither of those things helped you.

You may have a folder or two that were not uninstalled when you uninstalled fallout 4 in the past.

Find the fallout 4 directory. Uninstall the game, and make SURE that everything from the Fallout 4 directory is deleted. Then re-install the game.

Steam may not be replacing some files when you Validate. I'm not sure how to know whether this is happening or not, but this was the solution for someone else with a similar problem to yours recently.

Before you do that, though. Have you altered your Fallout4.ini or Fallout4Custom.ini text files?

I know you HAVE to edit them in order to get mods to work whatsoever, but have you edited them beyond that?

Also, how is your Cached Memory looking? If it's above 5gb, try clearing it. I can give you instructions if you need.

Edited by LucidLady

what is your hardware ? specs please! your os ?

crash without any mods is weird. the porblem is somehow system or ini or other settings related.

is this already a reinstall ? if not i would suggest to delete your installation and reinstall fo4. and do not install it in the standard win progam folder!