Fallout Character Overhaul (FCO) installed, but hair remains unchanged

TheOnlyEnclave

I have FCO installed and the face, eyes and eyebrows changes seem fine, but the new hair textures (not sure if there are also supposed to be new meshes?) are nowhere to be found in-game. Here are examples of how the Nexus page shows the hair textures for FCO, here is how it's looking in my game. Oddly I can see the files for hair textures in file explorer, but not in the G.E.C.K. and of course not in game. Does anybody have any idea on a fix for this? I have archive invalidation on, as the mod description instructs. Here is my load order:

FalloutNV.esm

DeadMoney.esm

HonestHearts.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

MercenaryPack.esm

TribalPack.esm

CaravanPack.esm

YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm

FCOMaster.esm

CASM.esp

YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp

Unofficial Patch NVSE.esp

Vanilla UI Plus.esp

JIP Improved Recipe Menu.esp

The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

FCO - NPC Changes.esp

FCO - OHSB NPC Edits.esp

Thanks for any help in advance.

Did you toggle (turn off/turn on) Archive Invalidation after you installed FCO?

Did you edit FalloutPref.ini as noted in the installation guide?

Did you check to see that the files were installed in the correct location?

I've resolved this issue now. Thanks for the advice though. The issue was that starting the game through the launcher resets the fallout.ini to read only, and I (not terribly experienced with modding) think this prevented archive invalidation from working. Instead of using the default launcher I can just start the game through NVSE and it won't reset fallout.ini to read only.

You should only use the launcher once to set your graphics. After that you should use the .exe or NVSE if you use it.

You should also get a mod manager and launch the game through the manager.

Edited by M48A5

Yeah I've set my graphics using the launcher. I use Mod Organiser 2, I would launch the game through the manager, but MO2 lets you set a shortcut to the desktop for starting the game without going through the launcher, so I use that because it's more convenient and (I presume?) it has the same effect as launching the game from within the manager.