[LE] Placement objects/items

AtAGavrel

Good night
I am looking for some information, tutorial or something to help me create a placeable object, that I can have in the inventory, put in the world and interact with it

http://skyrimsurvival.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/ScreenShot103-e1441822600516.jpgthis is to create a future mod for skyrim

If someone can guide me please let me know :wallbash:

I don't think that there are any tutorials for something like this (but i could be wrong), all tutorials that exists out there are based on the game's existing stuff, something like this does not exist in the game, so i highly doubt it that you will find any.

This can only be achieved through scripting and by creating all the necessary stuff that this needs, at the top of my head i can think 3 different ways that you can do this, but they all need some kind of custom made script.

Have a pleasant day.

Edited by maxarturo

Thanks for replying bro
I have seen several modifications that do this like campfire with scripts, but my idea is not to copy things from other mods, I want to learn how to do them, I also believe that it can be done in three ways. misitem / activator / furniture or static object but I have no idea what event I can use to create the script. this is not my language, sorry I use google translator :wink:

You don't need to copy some else's mod, but you can study them and then apply what you have learned to your idea.

A lot of modders learn this way, by studying other mods (not stealing).

I personally learned scripting by studying the vanilla scripts and some complex ones from other mods, then i implemented that to my experiment idea by using what i had learned without copying or looking at the original scripts.

As for the your needed scripts, there are a lot of individuals here that can help you with this, but you need to start from somewhere.

The three ways I thought of are:

(plus some others that just pop up in my head)

1) Misc item upon getting 'Dropped' will place at it an activator that uses the same model of the 'Dropped' misc item.

2) Misc item upon getting 'Dropped' will move to it's position a "Pre Placed" in an empty custom made cell, an invisible 'Trigger Box" activator that has your script, when done / when the misc is 'Picked Up' the invisible 'Trigger Box" will be moved back to the empty custom made cell.

3) Misc item upon getting 'Dropped' will show a "Message Menu" with your choices / what the misc items script should do.

4) Create a quest and have the player on a alias that will monitor when the 'Misc Items' gets dropped and/or picked up, the quest's script will execute either one of the above.

5) Modify / add / adjust the Misc item in NifSkope and add / attach to it a "Collision" that will be "Trigger Type", by doing so the Misc's item script can run an "OnTriggerEnter()" and "OnTriggerLeave()" event or an "OnTrigger()" event, this way your whole set up + script can be smaller, lighter and faster.

* While writing the above i thought of 2 more ways, but things becomes a little more complicated.

Have a happy modding.

Thanks friend I was about to archive this project

My idea is to create a musical object that has personalized music and is activated by a menu, sometimes it is tiring to listen to the same music when you are in the enchantment table or you are in the forge in one of the player's houses

Captura.jpg

It is an animated mesh, the middle dwmer base moves with the disc sheet at the same time, it would only rotate when the song is on, it would be 10 songs, and the user could customize them with a clear tutorial

Edited by gabriel08