You don't need to copy some else's mod, but you can study them and then apply what you have learned to your idea.
A lot of modders learn this way, by studying other mods (not stealing).
I personally learned scripting by studying the vanilla scripts and some complex ones from other mods, then i implemented that to my experiment idea by using what i had learned without copying or looking at the original scripts.
As for the your needed scripts, there are a lot of individuals here that can help you with this, but you need to start from somewhere.
The three ways I thought of are:
(plus some others that just pop up in my head)
1) Misc item upon getting 'Dropped' will place at it an activator that uses the same model of the 'Dropped' misc item.
2) Misc item upon getting 'Dropped' will move to it's position a "Pre Placed" in an empty custom made cell, an invisible 'Trigger Box" activator that has your script, when done / when the misc is 'Picked Up' the invisible 'Trigger Box" will be moved back to the empty custom made cell.
3) Misc item upon getting 'Dropped' will show a "Message Menu" with your choices / what the misc items script should do.
4) Create a quest and have the player on a alias that will monitor when the 'Misc Items' gets dropped and/or picked up, the quest's script will execute either one of the above.
5) Modify / add / adjust the Misc item in NifSkope and add / attach to it a "Collision" that will be "Trigger Type", by doing so the Misc's item script can run an "OnTriggerEnter()" and "OnTriggerLeave()" event or an "OnTrigger()" event, this way your whole set up + script can be smaller, lighter and faster.
* While writing the above i thought of 2 more ways, but things becomes a little more complicated.
Have a happy modding.