Fallout 4 inconsistent CTDs

Amefox

Ahaha, that was just a ballpark kind of number.

Basically LOOT only works out if you have a tiny load order. 96 is still way too many for LOOT to be effective.

You might as well uninstall LOOT at this point. You're gonna have to organize your Load Order personally.

The second LO you posted really was very good. Only a few stray files I could see.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loot in mo2 is kinda built in tool so im not sure how to remove it

where would canteens go in the load order

the mod adds 3 workbenches that allows you to craft canteens and canteen belts then refill and wash the canteens with either clean or dirty water and each canteen holds like a certain amount of water

and what about hud stuff

My dude, you don't even have all the appropriate Race Customizer files installed.

You have Far Harbor installed and enabled, right?

Then why don't you have Race Customizer Far Harbor patch at the bottom?

If you DON'T have far harbor, then why are you using the Nanako All DLCs patch?

Also, you really should consider not using UFO4Patch. You've got too many mods. There's no question something is conflicting.

Just like with LOOT, UFO4Patch won't work out for you if you've got as many mods as you have. It's for folks with tiny load orders.

As I stated before, I have nearly 300 active mods in my game. I don't use UFO4Patch, and my game runs perfectly. The ONLY time I crash anymore is about 20% of the time when trying to create a new save. If you want a fix for something which UFO4Patch offers, just install an independent mod for that specific fix - and flag it as an ESL yourself. (it's easy to do).

Canteens adds new items which come with special scripts, plus new buildable objects to the build menu. The scripts working properly is the most important part - and it seems like it comes with very frequently used scripts which you want to make sure work properly. So place it low in the load order. In the Finicky section - the 14th section.

Also, are you applying these LO changes to an already existing game, or are you making a new game?

You probably already know it's risky to uninstall any mods mid-playthrough. If you're gonna do that - make sure to run the save through ReSaver at least. The bigger the mod - the more problematic uninstalling it mid-playthrough is going to be. Sometimes you're just gonna have to start a new game. (this is what you're gonna have to do if you drop UFO4Patch)

Unless the mod page specifically states that it's safe to uninstall at any time - then any mod which comes with scripts will bake those script effects into the game. I don't know if you've uninstalled any mods like that on an existing save - but if you have, you're going to continue crashing on that character. Running the save through ReSaver can help.

But it's also problematic to re-organize a LO mid-playthrough, too. To a lesser extent. Run the save through ReSaver after reorganizing.

Also, you have Gunner Overhaul. I did a search and i'm not sure which one you have.

But two seem to check all the same boxes. The third only adds graphical changes to the game.

If you're using one of the Gunner Overhaul mods which alters how the faction and NPCs behave, it needs to go in the 3rd section.

If all the Gunner Overhaul mod does is change how they dress or add graphical changes (as in, it doesn't touch how the faction or combat behavior works in any way), put it in the 7th section.

i ditched a lot of mods including unofficial fallout 4 patch and anime race including some others dropping my load order count to 70

and i wasnt even aware there was a dlc patch for race customizer but i removed it too bc it and amelia race mod according to ppl in the comments for the mod say they dont play nice together

Also, a note about some of the other mods you're using.

Live Dismemberment, Def_Inv, True Storms, MG42 Calibers (and all the other New Calibers mods) - they're just plain in the wrong places. I'm not sure what to say.

Live Dismemberment is notoriously tough to get working properly. It's known to have a hair trigger when it comes to causing crashes. It's something I haven't even tried to use, because personally it seems like more trouble than it's worth.

Def_Inv can also be highly problematic. Once agian, I think it's a mod that's more trouble than it's worth. So i'm fairly unfamiliar with it.

I'm sure I already mentioned that New Calibers and any related mods belong in the Weapons/Armor framework altering mods section. You really need to put it down there.

True Storms is also prone to causing instability. It's a mod I tried to use, but gave up on because of the instability. Then again, that may be because my computer was weaker back then. I've got a new, stronger computer so I may give it another shot. Your call if you wanna try disabling it. In any case, it belongs in the Weather section. The 9th section.

It's just such a big ol' jumbled mess, still.

Move Workshop Rearranged under SMM, and move both SMM and WR up with all the other build-mode mods. Move Creative Clutter above WR and SMM (unless that mod specifically states it needs to come after them)

Move New Calibers and all related patches down toward the bottom.

Put True Storm's patch up together with the main file, the main file's location is fine as-is beneath the Settlement mods.

D.E.C.A.Y. changes how NPCs (ghouls) look. It goes in the 7th section.

Does Whispering Hills add or alter quests? If so, it goes before any Settlement mods. It definitely adds new NPCs, which also means it goes above Settlement mods regardless.

the new calibers esp always snaps to the same location so theres nothing i can do about that and i did as you said which was put all the patches below it and like i said i disabled a lot of the plugins including decay, workshop rearranged, and some others

i just disabled true storms and live dismemberment

and whispering hills adds silent hill monsters, fog, and the other world which has a random chance of pulling you in and throwing a bunch of monsters at you

Also, you have Gunner Overhaul. I did a search and i'm not sure which one you have.

But two seem to check all the same boxes. The third only adds graphical changes to the game.

If you're using one of the Gunner Overhaul mods which alters how the faction and NPCs behave, it needs to go in the 3rd section.

If all the Gunner Overhaul mod does is change how they dress or add graphical changes (as in, it doesn't touch how the faction or combat behavior works in any way), put it in the 7th section.

I'm now noticing that you have Scrap Everything.

That mod is incredibly unstable. It breaks precombines all over the entire map. It alone could be the source of your crashes.

It's a wonder anyone still uses that mod. It's a real game-breaker. Even if it's the only mod you have.

I'm sorry I didn't notice that sooner, it would've been the first thing I pointed out.