Fallout 4 inconsistent CTDs

Amefox

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

attachicon.gif plugins.txt

hows this

Well i'm inclined to think that Def_Inv should go lower, but i'm not entirely familiar with the mod. Does it snap to that location itself, or did you put it there?

Generally, mods that have anything to do with inventory organization go much lower in the list. After all mods that add any kind of item which you can carry in your inventory.

You want inventory-related mods to apply to all of the items in your inventory.

Trying to ignore all the mods you have disabled - i'm not sure why you'd move them, even though they are disabled. If you decide to re-enable them in the future, you can't leave any of those mods where they currently are.

But yeah, your enabled list looks pretty good at this point. I feel bad about how many mods you disabled, though. You've seen me and one other person go well over the plugin limit successfully, you can do it too if you just organize your stuff right!

At this point though, I gotta ask. Have you altered your ini files at some point?

Your Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Custom.ini text files - have you altered or added any problematic lines?

I know you HAVE to alter one of those files in order to enable mods to work, so i'm not talking about that.

But have you done anything like... increased cells to load or anything?

Messing with the wrong settings can cause problems in-game. There's alot of guides online that will suggest settings which mess you up if your computer's specs aren't strong enough.

i removed def inv shortly after posting that list and added a bunch more mods and removed some as well

mostly the pmc stuff i removed and added some halo themed stuff and so far the game is running well with no crashes yet

the only thing i touched in the ini was the stuff necessary to allow me to use mods and thats it

I use DEF_INV along with the Vis-G item sorting mod...so far with no issues that I can discern. The only thing i have to be careful of is that Def is placed before Vis in the mo2 left pane so Vis can overwrite Def. Def doesn't even throw an .esp when combined with Vis-g. Those two are a must have for me as i cannot stand the vanilla inventory screens. Along with the "roll ups" feature, scrolling inventory screens is much less of pain in the ass with these two installed. If you decide to go that route, just make sure you follow the installation instructions on the Vis-G page. They are quite well presented and easy to follow.

Also, a couple of things you may already be aware of, but, I thought i'd mention since I had to learn them the hard way.

Any changes made to .ini files must be done in the MO2 .ini editor, not the documents/my games/fallout 4 folder
Mods that contain ini files will show a paper-clip icon next to them in the right pane...and will be added to your game settings. overwriting in case of conflicts.
And finally, if you use BethINI...make SURE you have the proper MO profile selected in the setup tab under .ini paths as it doesn't always auto-detect.

Edited by edgeburner

Well, FCOM does seem to have a minor faction-check (3rd section), but it doesn't seem to tweak faction behavior. For the most part, it seems to simply be functioning inside the Companion framework (the 7th section).

It also seems to add some special new perks, and mods that add perks go best in the Small tweaks section (the 3rd section).

Seems you can add some of the NPCs to settlements. (the 6th section)

I would place it between section 6 and 7. Low 6, high 7.

But if you experience issues at that placement, move it to the bottom of section 3.

Does it affect combat in some way? Does it give you perks which affect combat?

You've got alot of scopes mods - are you sure none of them have anything to do with it?

You weren't crashing with those scoped mods enabled before? Only after installing FCOM?

Also, what is the TCS BOS mod down at the very bottom?

fcom doesnt add any perks only an aid item that you use to summon troops from different factions and give them orders

the scope mods are patches for see through scopes that allow the weapons with the patch to be able to use see through scopes

and tcs bos is a commonwealth spartans overhaul for brotherhood of steel made by ardent armory and they said to put it down at the very bottom of the load order past everything else