Issues with Skyrim Mod Manager

Caanan20

Okay so everytime I try to download a mod to my mod manager it pops up a message saying that it cant find the game in folder "C:\Users\Alex_\Onedrive\desktop\TesV.exe, please browse to game location", but when I try to redirect it to the steam folder it does nothing and sometimes a pop up comes up saying that it cant find the games ini file but not everytime. Ill post the pictures I got of the windows that pop up for extra info, theres one more I missed saying the Mod Manager needs to be opened as an Admin but I already did that and set the path of the manager to the game folder in steam. Ive never had this kind of a problem before, and Im not brand new to modding. I can do it manually but its such a pain, besides I'd like to just be able to use the mod manager so I can turn mods on and off at will instead of having to go through and remove them myself or worse replace the game with a fresh one and have to readd all the mods I still want all over again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i would advise against using One Drive. Move your game and ini files out of One Drive and try again. Your ini files are created when you first launch the game from the Steam launcher. If your mod manager or any of your mod tools like LOOT or TES5Edit cannot find those ini files they will not function. It is more than likely that they cannot find those files because you have them installed in One Drive

I certainly could be wrong as I have never installed any of my games or tools for those games in One Dive but I would give it a try and see if that solves your problem.

What mod manager are you using?

edit

I believe those files, including Skyrim, must be installed on your hard drive.