Skywind gameplay teaser released

Pickysaurus

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very important question - How will we play Skywind alongside Skyrim? I'm going to assume the original Morrowind game/expansions will be required (Yes, I have a LEGIT COPY of Morrowind GOTY Edition bought via Steam for $10.00 several years back) in order to play... Some clarification on how Skywind & Skyrim will run together would be nice.

Wow. That was amazing. A true work of art and dedication. The convergence of the natural surroundings looked so refreshing. The interiors looked amazing and the glow effects were stellar. Voices were enjoyable. The interface looked so smooth and tasteful.

I'm still looking forward to this. Now more than ever. I wish I had the skill to contribute on some way other than just going "WOW!! Good job."

In response to post #84076038.

ff7legend wrote: Very important question - How will we play Skywind alongside Skyrim? I'm going to assume the original Morrowind game/expansions will be required (Yes, I have a LEGIT COPY of Morrowind GOTY Edition bought via Steam for $10.00 several years back) in order to play... Some clarification on how Skywind & Skyrim will run together would be nice.

Any legal version of Morrowind should be fine for the Skywind validator. If it's not, you can throw things at us until we fix it.
The plan is for Skywind to install separately (like pre-Steam Enderal) and act as a standalone game.

In response to post #84075668.

Feuerkl1nge wrote: The project takes far too long, but authenticity is important for projects. That should be common sense.
Just avoiding a release date is no serious solution.

I get the itch for wanting to know when Skywind will drop - I really do. But there's no way for us to predict a release date, because the team of contributors and the amount of time they have available is in constant flux. All we'd achieve by putting out a release date is potentially disappoint people - there's no benefit to the public, and there's no benefit to the team.

In response to post #84075668. #84076498 is also a reply to the same post.

Feuerkl1nge wrote: The project takes far too long, but authenticity is important for projects. That should be common sense.
Just avoiding a release date is no serious solution.
SkywindEgrets wrote: I get the itch for wanting to know when Skywind will drop - I really do. But there's no way for us to predict a release date, because the team of contributors and the amount of time they have available is in constant flux. All we'd achieve by putting out a release date is potentially disappoint people - there's no benefit to the public, and there's no benefit to the team.

Folks like you are exactly why mod authors close up shop & leave the Nexus...

In response to post #84076163.

sullyivan wrote: Wow. That was amazing. A true work of art and dedication. The convergence of the natural surroundings looked so refreshing. The interiors looked amazing and the glow effects were stellar. Voices were enjoyable. The interface looked so smooth and tasteful.

I'm still looking forward to this. Now more than ever. I wish I had the skill to contribute on some way other than just going "WOW!! Good job."

Be sure to check out the description in the video. There are plenty of roles that don't require you to already be Van Gogh or [insert famous level designer here], and with our collaboration with the Arcane University (a venture founded by Beyond Skyrim), you can learn the skills you need, and maybe even set yourself on a new career path.

In response to post #84076038. #84076428 is also a reply to the same post.

ff7legend wrote: Very important question - How will we play Skywind alongside Skyrim? I'm going to assume the original Morrowind game/expansions will be required (Yes, I have a LEGIT COPY of Morrowind GOTY Edition bought via Steam for $10.00 several years back) in order to play... Some clarification on how Skywind & Skyrim will run together would be nice.
SkywindEgrets wrote: Any legal version of Morrowind should be fine for the Skywind validator. If it's not, you can throw things at us until we fix it.
The plan is for Skywind to install separately (like pre-Steam Enderal) and act as a standalone game.

Understood & thank you.