Infinite load screen before main menu

goddlike

So I've been researching on why my SE may be ILSing for a few weeks now (immediately after Bethesda logo), unfortunately to no avail. But I can't give up yet. I want to clarify firstly that I don't have any children mods that are renowned to cause ILS.

So far I have tried:

• Playing around with SSE Engine Fixes (MemoryManager and SafetyLoad in particular)

• Removing any mods I installed recently and running LOOT as per usual

• Removing saves

• Reinstalling ENB and the Ljoss preset

• Updating SKSE to 2.0.19 and Racemenu

Here is my load order: https://pastebin.com/MSpem1BP

Not sure if this helps but during the menu loading screen my CPU usage climbs to 100% and... just remains there for 20 mins or however long I leave it on.

Please send help.

You also need to update SSE Engine Fixes (if you haven't already). Other than that I don't see anything that screams "update me to new SKSE". But TBH I don't know all the mods you're using. In general, infinite loading screens can indeed be caused by plugins depending on SKSE, that need to be updated... So this might still be something to check. Maybe someone else sees more than I do.

One thing I noticed: You have 3BBB installed, but not its requirements. You need at least CBPC, if you wnat to use HDt features, you also need HDT framework. The "sinful CPB" you got provides only presets and a convenient way to edit them. This is NOT the CBPC framework itself.

Don't know if that's related to the ILS, just saw it.

Thanks for responding. I have been reinstalling all the SKSE dependent mods since I updated it recently (although I was already experiencing ILS before that).

Good point about 3BBB. Can confirm I have CBPC and HDT-SMP installed, I think they don't show up on LOOT as they aren't one of those esp/esl/bsa thingymajigs.

On another note though, I'm also tempted to verify Steam files but I've had terrible experiences with that before. So I'll just be patient for more responses...

My bad... OFC both CBPC and HDT don't have plugins - only dll files and their config files (.txt). Clear case of "not enough coffee",,,,

Apart from that, I still think yours isn't an "obvious" case. I looked at your load order once again. TBH, I simply don't see the problem.

The only thing you can do is:

- Try to remember, which mods you installed after the game ran normally the last time.

- Disable these mods (or anything you installed recently) one by one and test.

- If the recently added mods don't give a clear picture, go on with your testing. You probably don't need to disable simple armor mods and things like these. Look for anything that might contain scripts.

I know, this is the long and rocky road... Unfortunately I don't have a better idea right now.