Trouble running BodySlide and Outfit Studio

BobKat107

I am most frustrated with BodySlide. Outfit Studio doesn't work period for me but I have used BodySlide very successfully. The problem is that I can never find where I installed the one that works - I cannot simply extract the zip file into a folder. Generally it either doesn't find the game even though I enter the path to data, or it gives a Read/Write error. I am certain it is important to use the same one that works, as that is where the edits are stored. But I can never find the one that works - it is somewhere on my computer but it is always difficult to locate. I've tried creating shortcuts but they fail after the first use. I have a text file somewhere to remind myself where it is, but of course now I can't find it either.

Why is the BodySlide app so finicky?

You CAN (and probably should) install BodySlide with a mod manager. Probably the easiest way.

The default location is .../Fallout 4/data/tools/BodySlide. If you install manually, you shold copy the files there.

Maybe the whole thing is also an issue with permissions. Try starting BodySlide as administrator and see, if that helps.