Trouble running BodySlide and Outfit Studio

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

BobKat107

BobKat107

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I am most frustrated with BodySlide. Outfit Studio doesn't work period for me but I have used BodySlide very successfully. The problem is that I can never find where I installed the one that works - I cannot simply extract the zip file into a folder. Generally it either doesn't find the game even though I enter the path to data, or it gives a Read/Write error. I am certain it is important to use the same one that works, as that is where the edits are stored. But I can never find the one that works - it is somewhere on my computer but it is always difficult to locate. I've tried creating shortcuts but they fail after the first use. I have a text file somewhere to remind myself where it is, but of course now I can't find it either.

Why is the BodySlide app so finicky?

Algabar

Algabar

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,054 posts

You CAN (and probably should) install BodySlide with a mod manager. Probably the easiest way.

The default location is .../Fallout 4/data/tools/BodySlide. If you install manually, you shold copy the files there.

Maybe the whole thing is also an issue with permissions. Try starting BodySlide as administrator and see, if that helps.

BobKat107

BobKat107

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Thx! All good ideas. Also a good idea to read the readme. Install manually into the data folder. It's working now.

Page loaded in: 0.954 seconds